HD BDcraft Skins

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 06:45

@blooberry I'm going to add a link to that HD skin mod in the OP. The current one in the install section isn't even developed anymore.

-- 22 Apr 2014, 22:44 --

For those who are not aware, the OP has been updated with all the latest skins that have been done, since this threads inception. HanFox and I will keep it updated as best we can, with any new skins created from now on.

I guess you could say, this is officially the PureBDCraft Skindex.

Anyone is free to post their requests here, but please do not demand anything from any of the artists; be respectful and courteous. Their time is a gift that we're able to share, only because of their kindness towards this community.

I'm also going to enforce a 1 skin per person quota, for everyone
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
165 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 08:20

derp wrote:
Thanks so much :D
Hey Derp, I've made that correction for you.

Show

-- 23 Apr 2014, 08:13 --
Aedaeum wrote:
@blooberry I'm going to add a link to that HD skin mod in the OP. The current one in the install section isn't even developed anymore....
I'm also going to enforce a 1 skin per person quota, for everyone
Very good plan: it took a long time to find a working HD Skins mod. The developer definitely deserves our support!

Could I also ask that all skin requests include a description of the skin. What the character is wearing etc. Vanilla skins are so lo-res that from an artists' perspective I often have to interpret or guess what something is. I'd rather deliver something you're satisfied with first time.

:love:

-- 23 Apr 2014, 08:20 --
Zakol wrote:
Hello, just to request a skin before the masses arrive, would it be possible to get this skin textured? Don't know if this is needed in this case, but if it is, from the facial sheet, the eyes= 2 F, the eyebrows=1 D, and the mouth=2 B. Hopefully that is all the required information. Thank you very much. And here is the skin link-

https://mcskinsearch.com/skin/Zakkol

Thanks!
Hey Zakkol, you're next in line for some skinning :)

I'm a bit confused about what you're character's wearing. It looks like a maroon jacket similar to this one (see image) but with green trim.

Also, what are they wearing underneath that jacket?It's a steampunk character so I'm assuming a waistcoat and some sort of cravat but don't want to go wild with artistic license and get it wrong.

And finally what sort of shoes are those?

Kudos :)

Show
29 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 09:20

Thanks blooberry. It is indeed a maroon coat with a green trimming, much like in the picture. The shoes can be black boots-my friend did this one for me, and I told her black boots, and she did a thing, so black boots. Under the shirt is a waist coat along with a white shirt. Just to clarify, the hood-like thing is actually a collar.

Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with this thread. It seems like doing a patch that never ends. All I can say is good luck! :love:

Also, skinning sounds painful...
I have too much spare time...
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 10:13

@blooberry I'll add a "how to make a request" section, which includes your graphics for eyes, brows, and mouths.

-- 23 Apr 2014, 02:12 --

Ok, OP updated. Hopefully that will prevent people from asking the same questions over and over. blooberry, let me know if there's anything else you want me to add to that section.
165 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 10:14

Absolutely perfect! Thanks so much @Aedaeum :)
51 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 12:20

Does cape request count as going over the 1 skin request per person quota?

-- 23 Apr 2014, 07:20 --

:P
12 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 14:34

Thanx do much bloobery they look amazing :D
48 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 15:28

Could I have E1 for the eyes, with a navy blue colour, I dont really mind what shade of navy, just The same colour as the attached skin. For eyebrows could I have F2, with the colour of the eyebrows in the attached skin. For the mouth could I have B1, and could it be about halfway between the bottom of the face and the eyes?

The Skin: https://i.imgur.com/SJIIAIe.png
If this image isn't good enough, you can search up robot55_ in any site like minershoes.com or, preferably on the MC Skin studio app, it renders skins and the hat layer well.
The brown box on the middle of the T-Shirt is a TV, I will attach an image of what I want I was trying to get at with the skin; https://i.imgur.com/qM1sOfw.jpg
The brown shoes are meant to be brown converse and the blue trousers are meant to be denim jeans.
Could the hat layer be a little bit crazy and the front part be this general shape: https://i.imgur.com/aIwYDQg.jpg
Also, the arms are meant to look like static or like the grey with black specks part of this oreo milkshake: https://i.imgur.com/csPZK5s.jpg

Thanks! I hope this isn't too complex as I have given a few reference pictures! :3
165 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 16:34

Hey robot_55 :) definitely an unusual one lol! I think I know roughly what to do but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the TV attached to his tshirt (like a tellytubby) or is it an accessory like a necklace?

2. Is the purpose of the hat layer to make the hair look scruffy? Do you have a picture of roughly what that hair looks like in real life, or if its based on an anime character or something? The image you attached looks like he has some sort of messy side-parting? Just some sort of reference will do :)

3. About the torso, is he wearing a sleeveless top with a longsleeve underneath? Or is it a long-sleeve top in two colours? Also is the t-shirt a V-neck, a round neck, or have a collar like a polo shirt?

TV static pattern, jeans etc should be no problem.
48 Posts

Post 23 Apr 2014, 17:02

blooberry wrote:
Hey robot_55 :) definitely an unusual one lol! I think I know roughly what to do but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is the TV attached to his tshirt (like a tellytubby) or is it an accessory like a necklace?

2. Is the purpose of the hat layer to make the hair look scruffy? Do you have a picture of roughly what that hair looks like in real life, or if its based on an anime character or something? The image you attached looks like he has some sort of messy side-parting? Just some sort of reference will do :)

3. About the torso, is he wearing a sleeveless top with a longsleeve underneath? Or is it a long-sleeve top in two colours? Also is the t-shirt a V-neck, a round neck, or have a collar like a polo shirt?

TV static pattern, jeans etc should be no problem.
YAY a Teletubby Fan! Yeah, the TV is part of the tshirt, like a teletubby

This is what I was getting at: https://i.imgur.com/rDFoVtA.jpg

Its a round neck as it a long-sleeve with two colours

Thanks!