[128x - 32x] Base Metals [MC1.12]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Patch Creator
740 Posts

Post 21 Nov 2018, 02:50

This mod adds historically commonly used metals to Minecraft, specifically Silver, Copper, Tin, Lead, Zinc, Mercury, Nickel & Platinum. You will also craft a number of metal alloys in this mod and there's a new tool that lets you double your ore production: the Crack Hammer.

Fantasy metals have been added to the Nether and the End: Cold Iron, Mithril, Adamantine, and Star Steel

Downloads

for MC1.12
Show

By Novamanga:

for MC1.12 (Alternate Netherrack Textures)
Show

Preview

Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Changelog

2022-07-05: Updated Links & Banner
2018-11-22: Novamanga made 64x & 32x
2018-11-21: #Initial release

Credits

Sphax
HanFox
Novamanga
unpairedbracket
b0bst3r
Ironcraft456
Sillyman34
GrumpyPirate
Nhawks17

(I may have missed a couple of people - I lost my sheet of paper with all of the names! - Message me if you think you were left out! ) :-)
Last edited by PlatinumPunch on 05 Jul 2022, 04:57, edited 5 times in total.
Any donations go directly to myself. I am not affiliated with BDcraft.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
5 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2018, 03:24

Been waiting for this for a VERY long time! Thank You! <3
189 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2018, 05:01

Great pack, Platinum! I hate to nit pick, but atleast with the version of the mod i used this on, there were some textures missing. I am missing textures for the Zinc shovel and the levers it looks like..double checked files and those textures do not appear to be in this.

Version:
2.5.0-beta5.214

Edit:
I figured out the lever problem. The issue was simply that newer versions of PureBDcraft are lacking the blocks/lever texture, which the model from the mod is looking for. This could be corrected in terms of this patch by including the pre-1.8 lever texture, or using the models from the main pack for levers..i could assist with that. I will likely do it when i have some time.
Makes Sphax patches occassionally.
Patch Creator
740 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2018, 09:47

Ironcraft456 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 05:01
Great pack, Platinum! I hate to nit pick, but atleast with the version of the mod i used this on, there were some textures missing. I am missing textures for the Zinc shovel and the levers it looks like..double checked files and those textures do not appear to be in this.

Version:
2.5.0-beta5.214

Edit:
I figured out the lever problem. The issue was simply that newer versions of PureBDcraft are lacking the blocks/lever texture, which the model from the mod is looking for. This could be corrected in terms of this patch by including the pre-1.8 lever texture, or using the models from the main pack for levers..i could assist with that. I will likely do it when i have some time.
Hey thanks man, yeah I think the different lever model used in Sphax doesn't coincide with the Base Metals. I think this can be adjusted with some folder re-jiggering but I have no clue how to do that kind of formatting. I know textures and that's about it ahah. Oh and a tad of animation.
Patch Creator
740 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2018, 09:49

Robbier2713 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 03:24
Thanks for your patience x

Make sure to check out the patches for mods that coexist with Base Metals (Nether Metals & End Metals, Base Minerals). I am yet to do Modern Metals, but that will come soon :)
5 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2018, 15:53

PlatinumPunch wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 09:49
Robbier2713 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 03:24
Thanks for your patience x

Make sure to check out the patches for mods that coexist with Base Metals (Nether Metals & End Metals, Base Minerals). I am yet to do Modern Metals, but that will come soon :)
I already have! Thats why ive been waiting so long for this one to be sphaxified lol
189 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2018, 19:52

Proof of concept for the lever models..i will gladly do all of them + doors or anything else for you if you want.

Last edited by Ironcraft456 on 09 Jun 2023, 15:57, edited 1 time in total.
Makes Sphax patches occassionally.
Patch Creator
740 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2018, 22:38

Ironcraft456 wrote:
22 Nov 2018, 19:52
Proof of concept for the lever models..i will gladly do all of them + doors or anything else for you if you want.

Thanks mate this is super helpful!
Lifetime Supporter
247 Posts

Post 01 Dec 2018, 07:15

I'm not fond of the "new netherrack texture" for reasons I explained in the PureBDCraft 1.10 feedback thread, and I noticed that your Nether Metals patch still has an alternate download available for the "old netherrack" (albeit static instead of animated). Would you be willing to provide a similar alternate download for this patch (since there a couple of the fantasy metals only available in the nether)?
Patch Creator
740 Posts

Post 02 Dec 2018, 02:42

MauveCloud wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 07:15
I'm not fond of the "new netherrack texture" for reasons I explained in the PureBDCraft 1.10 feedback thread, and I noticed that your Nether Metals patch still has an alternate download available for the "old netherrack" (albeit static instead of animated). Would you be willing to provide a similar alternate download for this patch (since there a couple of the fantasy metals only available in the nether)?
Hey thanks for this, I have made alternate downloads for the older Netherrack texture :). These ones are animated, would you like me to animate the Nether Metals as well?