[Bug|Java] Stripped Log texture bug when using Optifine's 'Connected Textures' setting

Archive of bug reports that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
2 Posts

Post 05 Sep 2018, 18:16

I'm using the PureBDCraft 1.13 pack in x64 resolution (this problem seems to occur on other resolutions as well), and Optifine 1.13.1 preview build (E3_beta5_Ultra) and although everything else seems to work fine, enabling the 'Connected Textures' option (on either 'Fancy' or 'Fast'), causes my stripped log blocks to revert to a red brick looking texture. I can get around this by just turning off 'Connected Textures', but frankly I love having giant transparent glass walls.

I'm not sure if this is an Optifine bug, as it doesn't happen to any other textures, but I'm not an experienced modder or texture pack editor, so I was hoping someone here could help me out.

Show

Show
2018-09-05_13.38.23.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 05 Sep 2018, 18:20

Yup, there are a few bugs related to Optifine currently.

Once OptiFine is stable we'll release an update to fix them.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 05 Sep 2018, 18:24

HanFox wrote:
05 Sep 2018, 18:20
Yup, there are a few bugs related to Optifine currently.

Once OptiFine is stable we'll release an update to fix them.
Oh, cool! I'm looking forward to it!

Also thanks for moving my thread to the proper forum and fixing the tag, new user obviously so I appreciate the help!
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 19 Oct 2018, 10:04 

This is fixed in the r5 release for MC1.13.

Make sure you use the latest version of OptiFine.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin