[128x - 64x] More Connected Textures [MC1.5 & 1.7]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
167 Posts

Post 09 Mar 2014, 15:45

Download link is down
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Supporter
66 Posts

Post 17 Nov 2014, 03:11

Man, I love these, especially the random colored chiseled stone bricks. XD I sure hope it gets ported to 1.8 with the new system!
7 Posts

Post 06 Sep 2015, 20:06

On the Right side is the false texture
Patch Contributor
442 Posts

Post 12 Oct 2015, 15:23

There is no error in the textures - it was designed to give a random effect. If you are unhappy with those textures/settings", you can remove them by deleting some files:

Quick way:

Delete the following files:

"random2, random6, random10, random14, random230, random236(.properties)"

end Quick way

Thorough way:

The following way removes the textures associated with the properties that are no longer needed after deleting the above property files:

Delete the above files AND these:

"16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 232, 233, 238, 239(.png)"
7 Posts

Post 12 Oct 2015, 17:31

This bug is only at "Dark Oak Wood" not at other blocks with random texture
Supporter
92 Posts

Post 27 May 2018, 22:31

I have noticed an issue with this pack.

So, in versions past Minecraft 1.7.x, the connected textures for wood seem to be broken.

If you look at them from above, they render completely normally.

However, from below, this ugliness happens.

Which turns into this.

I do not know if the textures, metadata, OptiFine, or Minecraft 1.12.2 are to blame.

EDIT: Unloading the base Sphax patch made the texture issue disappear, so apparently there's something in the main pack the connected textures don't like.
Last edited by nosiphus on 27 May 2018, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Nosiphus focuses on designs that emphasize simplicity and ease of use coupled with customization and utility.
Nosiphus - A more familiar approach.

https://www.nosiphus.com/
BDcraft Web Admin
6614 Posts

Post 27 May 2018, 22:34

That looks like it's getting confused by the models that Pure uses to randomise the plank textures.

You can try deleting the blockstates relating to the plank blocks in /assets/minecraft/blockstates in the main pack.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Supporter
92 Posts

Post 27 May 2018, 22:38

HanFox wrote:
That looks like it's getting confused by the models that Pure uses to randomise the plank textures.

You can try deleting the blockstates relating to the blocks in /assets/minecraft/blockstates in the main pack.
Thanks. That actually came at the perfect time. I had just noticed something in the main patch that aroused my suspicion and looked over at my second monitor to see your post.
Nosiphus focuses on designs that emphasize simplicity and ease of use coupled with customization and utility.

Lifetime Supporter
247 Posts

Post 03 Dec 2018, 17:49

Was there a 1.12 download for this that was removed? A few recent posts indicate testing of this in 1.12.2, but the topic and first post indicate downloads only available up to 1.7.
Supporter
92 Posts

Post 03 Dec 2018, 21:48

MauveCloud wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 17:49
Was there a 1.12 download for this that was removed? A few recent posts indicate testing of this in 1.12.2, but the topic and first post indicate downloads only available up to 1.7.
The 1.7 patch should work on 1.12, but you’ll have to place override .json files so that PureBDcraft’s wood customizations don’t break the bottom face. I can send them along if you need them.