Feedback on PureBDcraft 1.14

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 30 May 2019, 15:59

MC1.14 - Village and Pillage Update

Welcome to the feedback thread for the MC1.14 release of PureBDcraft! :)

Get the downloads here. You can see the changelog here.

The team that created this pack is: Liz, Sphax, and HanFox!

If you have any feedback, comments, ideas, or opinions about the latest version of PureBDcraft please post in the thread.

If you find any bugs please post them in the Bug Reports section.

There is a customiser for the pack here.

Issues we already know about

Issues Pending Fix
  • None currently :star:
Fixed in Downloads
  • Some people aren't a fan of the new fancy leaves -- fixed in r6 -- leaves are now in a new addon
  • Villagers are not up to our normal standard -- fixed in r5
  • Vindicator has a mix of vanilla and "new" sounds -- fixed in r5
  • East/west culling on the base of the stonecutter is swapped -- fixed in r5
  • Some mob sounds may not quieten at distance correctly -- fixed in r5
  • Villagers heads changing when they have jobs -- fixed in r4
  • Zombie Villagers wearing their arms as hats -- fixed in r3
  • Stonecutter creates a transparent hole below it -- fixed in r2
  • Model for Bamboo in flower pots is broken -- fixed in r2
  • Extended Sticky Pistons that are facing up or down lose their sticky texture -- fixed in r2
  • Can see through a part of the jukebox -- fixed in r2
Won't Fix
  • When glass panes are placed on top of other glass panes in a "step" design there's a hole in the top/bottom of the pane. This is because Mojang hasn't made the panes aware of other panes above/below them. We prefer those gaps over not being able to do a nice solid glass pane effect
Game Bugs
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
7 Posts

Post 30 May 2019, 18:54

Some of the slabs are doing some weird things when stacked on top of eachother, they change textures, i.e. the stone brick slab turns into a Sandstone brick block, (which isn't a block as far as I can find), and Brick shows up partially when they're placed next to each other.
91 Posts

Post 30 May 2019, 18:57

*Receives notification about the other 1.14 thread*

*Sees HanFox’s post*

*Goes to post “WOOO” or something to that effect*

*Discovers topic is locked*

I regret that I have but one (well, two due to this thread) diamond to give...

Well worth the wait! About the villagers, though: Are even the “classic” villagers untextured right now? I believe the plains villages use basically the original villager texture in their “jobless” state; did the UV map change even for them? Or did Mojang perhaps put all of the “trades” into the base villager texture?

Enishi: That sounds like some of the Extended Optifine textures. Weird.
7 Posts

Post 30 May 2019, 19:30

Yeah, checked and I had the "PureBDcraft Extra Optifine MC113" installed, removed it and the slabs are fine now. So not the texture pack itself then.

Another issue, the game does tend to crash when switching resource packs when PureBDcraft is active.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 31 May 2019, 13:11

Carnaxus wrote:
30 May 2019, 18:57
Well worth the wait! About the villagers, though: Are even the “classic” villagers untextured right now? I believe the plains villages use basically the original villager texture in their “jobless” state; did the UV map change even for them? Or did Mojang perhaps put all of the “trades” into the base villager texture?
The villagers are split up in to biome and profession (and technically a "default" villager, which vanilla seems to mostly use for the head for mobs that have hats...).

The biome base textures are done, but the profession overlays are not.

It's "easier" to just not release any parts instead of people possibly thinking the villagers are just broken when the profession overlay parts are still vanilla.
Enishi wrote:
30 May 2019, 19:30
Another issue, the game does tend to crash when switching resource packs when PureBDcraft is active.
That is not something I've witnessed myself testing PBC and VBC. So I guess it's an issue on your computer? Maybe you're just filling up RAM when the swap occurs.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
91 Posts

Post 01 Jun 2019, 00:23

HanFox wrote:
31 May 2019, 13:11
Carnaxus wrote:
30 May 2019, 18:57
The villagers are split up in to biome and profession (and technically a "default" villager, which vanilla seems to mostly use for the head for mobs that have hats...).

The biome base textures are done, but the profession overlays are not.

It's "easier" to just not release any parts instead of people possibly thinking the villagers are just broken when the profession overlay parts are still vanilla.
Aha, that makes sense. Thanks :)

Boy am I glad we have an endless pool of diamonds to pull from. I'd have run out by now if I had to mine them here as well.
1 Post

Post 02 Jun 2019, 08:01

love the new tusken raider pillager!
2 Posts

Post 15 Jun 2019, 19:21

The new loom block looks awesome! but when you are in the menu of the block the staight vertical lines look very irritating and i know its not a bug but i personally dont like it that much (looks like a barcode).
But the rest looks awesome :)

Ps: the "globe" pattern isnt showing yet
16 Posts

Post 30 Jun 2019, 10:10

Imo I dont think the new guis look very good, so please when updating the customizer add these as an option to switch between.
91 Posts

Post 30 Jun 2019, 11:41

Torcrea wrote:
15 Jun 2019, 19:21
The new loom block looks awesome! but when you are in the menu of the block the staight vertical lines look very irritating and i know its not a bug but i personally dont like it that much (looks like a barcode).
I haven’t actually had the time to check it myself, but I’m assuming the GUI was made to resemble an actual loom. Looms have thick vertically-oriented threads that I don’t think ever get removed. If it’s that prominent though, perhaps fading them out a bit would help?

What do you think, Han?