[Bug|Bedrock] Packs crash Minecraft

Archive of bug reports that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2020, 10:19

As zilch mentioned (albeit for PS4) has anyone tried to make sure they're forcing the resolution in the specific save? Someone else on the forum has confirmed the resolution change definitely fixes the issue.

For Realms you likely need to download the world first:
  1. Download the world (Realm Settings → Game → Download World)
  2. Apply the resource pack (see notes below before doing step 3)
  3. Upload the world (Realm Settings → Game → Replace World)
For singleplayer and Realms step 2 (I don't have a Realm, so can't test this specifically, but I'm pretty sure it will show up in your normal world location):
  1. Go to the Worlds screen
  2. Click the Pen/Edit button
  3. Select "Resource Packs"
  4. Either find the pack in "Active" or "My Packs"
    • If the pack is in "My Packs" select it and click "Activate"
  5. In the Active section select the pack and click the Cog icon
  6. Set the resolution to a lower value (128x should work for Xbox)
  7. Try the world
Someone has also pointed out that the resolution choice isn't always sticking between game restarts. If accurate then that's a game bug, and we've let Mojang know about it.

We're also currently uploading a new update which should hide 256x from Xbox entirely again. It probably won't be available for a while, however.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
3 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2020, 11:27

HanFox wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 10:19
As zilch mentioned (albeit for PS4) has anyone tried to make sure they're forcing the resolution in the specific save? Someone else on the forum has confirmed the resolution change definitely fixes the issue.

For Realms you likely need to download the world first:
  1. Download the world (Realm Settings → Game → Download World)
  2. Apply the resource pack (see notes below before doing step 3)
  3. Upload the world (Realm Settings → Game → Replace World)
For singleplayer and Realms step 2 (I don't have a Realm, so can't test this specifically, but I'm pretty sure it will show up in your normal world location):
  1. Go to the Worlds screen
  2. Click the Pen/Edit button
  3. Select "Resource Packs"
  4. Either find the pack in "Active" or "My Packs"
    • If the pack is "My Packs" select it and click "Activate"
  5. In the Active section select the pack and click the Cog icon
  6. Set the resolution to a lower value (128x should work for Xbox)
  7. Try the world
Someone has also pointed out that the resolution choice isn't always sticking between game restarts. If accurate then that's a game bug, and we've let Mojang know about it.

We're also currently uploading a new update which should hide 256x from Xbox entirely again. It probably won't be available for a while, however.
If you change the resolution manually and then upload the world to the Realm, does the realm itself have that resolution? I can't expect all of the players that log into the realm to know how/be able to lower their own resolution to prevent a crash on load.

- Mork
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2020, 11:35

Morkilimus wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:27
If you change the resolution manually and then upload the world to the Realm, does the realm itself have that resolution? I can't expect all of the players that log into the realm to know how/be able to lower their own resolution to prevent a crash on load.

- Mork
Like I said, I don't have a Realm to test. You'll need to try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work you'll have to wait for the update.
3 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2020, 11:53

HanFox wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:35
Morkilimus wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:27

- Mork
Like I said, I don't have a Realm to test. You'll need to try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work you'll have to wait for the update.
LOL. So glad I spent extra money on BDCraft packs! 😂
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2020, 12:08

Morkilimus wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:53
No need to be immature.

Sometimes errors occur. No one's perfect. It's not like the pack will never work again. Learn to have some patience.

It's just as frustrating for us that the issue slipped through Microsoft's Quality Assurance checks. Preferably they'd catch it, and the end user (i.e. you) would never suffer, but, like I said, no one's perfect.
5 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2020, 21:20

HanFox wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 12:08
Morkilimus wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 11:53
It's just as frustrating for us that the issue slipped through Microsoft's Quality Assurance checks. Preferably they'd catch it, and the end user (i.e. you) would never suffer, but, like I said, no one's perfect.
Also PS4 then. I also just spent money on 2 pretty useless packs i.e Pure and Vanilla. Constant crashes .. cannot host a MP session using these packs all of a sudden as it crashes for the joiner while loading resources (I think) regardless of resolution. Maybe worth rolling the version back an update
3 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2020, 23:15

Same here on iPad, running latest version on a Realm. Tried everything, lowering resolutions and reinstalling, even the app,, cleared all caches in game, doesn't work. After loading the resources the app is just crashing.
Works on other devices though, so it's apparently not broken everywhere and maybe just a problem on certain devices?
Any advice on iPad maybe?
€dit: seems like an iPad Pro problem, so I guess other devices also load lower resolution textures, that's why it's only crashing there...
Last edited by humbolic on 17 Jan 2020, 07:43, edited 1 time in total.
1 Post

Post 17 Jan 2020, 05:30

The settings for some reason don't seem to to be saving. I turn it to 128 and save settings only for it to go back to 256 all on it's own making entering my realm impossible.
1 Post

Post 18 Jan 2020, 23:09

PureBDCraft causing realms to crash

Just bought Realms+ and I'm trying to load PureBDCraft into the world, but the game crashes every time (xbox)

I've tried removing the pack from the Realm and just playing with it enabled only on my player, and it still crashes

I tried a few other Realms Texture Packs and they worked fine, the issue seems to be only with PureBDCraft
3 Posts

Post 19 Jan 2020, 13:38

humbolic wrote:
16 Jan 2020, 23:15
Same here on iPad, running latest version on a Realm. Tried everything, lowering resolutions and reinstalling, even the app,, cleared all caches in game, doesn't work. After loading the resources the app is just crashing.
Works on other devices though, so it's apparently not broken everywhere and maybe just a problem on certain devices?
Any advice on iPad maybe?
€dit: seems like an iPad Pro problem, so I guess other devices also load lower resolution textures, that's why it's only crashing there...
It also doesn't work for Xbox One X. I've tried forcing the save in an offline world and have been able to get it to work at 128 but when I attempt to upload that world back to my realm it crashes.