[128x - 32x] Metallurgy [MC1.3 - 1.7 & 1.12]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
222 Posts

Post 01 May 2014, 19:36

You make the armors and I will colour them.
Rockawill-Textures like a 4 year old on paint
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
153 Posts

Post 01 May 2014, 19:51

ok sounds great. If you can recolor the ones I have already done, here all you have to do for the rest: i do need you to color them first before i edit them, so just use the existing armor textures to color the other armors. There are four different types of armor designs I am using to make the rest, the texture for iron, gold, diamond, and chainmail armor in the vanilla Sphax.

I have decided that Ceruclase, Shadow Steel and Midasium will be Textured with the chain texture, Ignatious and Sanguinite with the diamond texture, Amordrine, vulcanite and Vyroxeres for the gold texture and Inolashite, Shadow Iron and Kalendrite for the iron texture.

once you have those colored i can finish the rest myself and we can be done!
222 Posts

Post 01 May 2014, 21:45

Some things to note.
I don't know why you have changed the colours, it just baffles me but anyway.
the Bronze set was fine as was the silver and platinum so that was great to know.
I changed the Electrum to suit the tools.
Anyway, I will get on with the others.

-- 01 May 2014, 21:45 --

Update: done Ceruclase and Electrum and darkened the Eximite a tad.
Will finish others in the morning.
153 Posts

Post 01 May 2014, 22:29

I changed them because the only way I knew how do get the color to match the color of the tools was to use "match color" which took the color of the tools and the color of the closest set of armor I could find and turned it into the colors you see.

I'm really glad this is what you're doing, and just want to know that when you're done, are the colors the same as the ones on the tools? As in the #000000 is the same. If so that's what I'm after, or as close as you can get. Also, will you be doing the nether ones as well?
222 Posts

Post 02 May 2014, 10:51

I'm doing them based on their tools.
I'm gonna do some more tonight, hopefully all of the ones that aren't done in every set based on the tool colours.
153 Posts

Post 02 May 2014, 17:04

Great! Out them up as soon as you're done so we can finish this summbitch
222 Posts

Post 02 May 2014, 18:02

Just finishing actually.
I have tried my best to match the ingots of the tools exactly. They may not be the same #00000 but they look very similar.
There are a few purple armors that look near identical so I don't know what you want to do about that.

-- 02 May 2014, 18:02 --

Here it is.
I think they look great and don't need any modifying. Eximite is in there.
I made it a little darker so it will be less pink and more magenta.
153 Posts

Post 03 May 2014, 00:48

alright those look fantastic! just a couple things id like you to do. first: shadow iron needs to be in the iron type of armor textures, not gold. and the shadow iron could be a little darker please. secondly your color for electrum is off, i would suggest just making my color for it lighter, yours is a little too green.

the purple ones look fine, the only one i would change would be the Amordrine, its a little light. also you didnt edit the Desichalkos, if you could make that lighter or better matching the ingot that would be great.

lastly i think we need to look at sanguinite and find a way to involve both the gold and red of the weapons into the armor. otherwise it looks a little strange dont you think? if you can do that that would be perfect.

in all, the amordrine, ceruclase, inolashite, midisium, shadow iron and shadow steel are a little too light.

i hope i havent been to critical, youve done a great job here i just want it to be perfect for when we release the final version
222 Posts

Post 03 May 2014, 07:54

They are the colour of the tools and ingots. If you think the saturation is off then be my guest and change them.
I think you are being a bit petty and pointing out really small things.
I will however change the shadow iron to the iron texture.
Desichalkos, I tried to manipulate but it wouldn't work for me I'll have a tinker again.
153 Posts

Post 03 May 2014, 08:05

ill do that, im not meaning to be picky and this would work a lot better if we were actually working on this together in person, buti just want you to know i appreciate the work youre doing to make this come out right.