[128x - 32x] Technic: Attack of the B-Team [MC1.6]

Tekkit? Feed the Beast? All texture compilations (work in progress and full releases) for mod packs.
3 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2014, 00:27

LongLiveMe wrote:
generikb wrote:
Hey guys, thanks for all your help on getting this pack together!

I've also got a version of it that includes some stuff yours doesn't (I grabbed a few off of yours as well!) I'm sure between the two there's a pretty complete patch!

Although...I suuuuure would love it if someone would complete Tropicraft and Chisel! If we had those in place I would be a very happy hermit!

Link to mine: https://www.mediafire.com/?zr92q3n5arh87h3
For some reason whenever i patch this onto the 1.6.4 sphax bdcraft and then i try to open it in Attack of the B-team Minecraft pauses for like 5 seconds like it usually does when changing a texture pack and then it does not change to GenerikB's texture pack. But when i patch the normal download it works just fine.
If anyone else is having this problem pls reply. I love generikB's patch and i'd like to use it.
:D

Btw if you've seen the last chimneyswift video fro aotbt he has updated textures with the witchery mod and the mini map anyone know were you can get those
P.S sorry for unorganised post im new :P
You MUST add the assets folder that GenericB provided to the normal 1.6.4 texture pack, then you should be able to switch into it with all textures.
From what you've said that is the issue, I am not sure though!
Hugging Creepers all day long!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
2 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2014, 02:32

I'm getting the same issue.
i downloaded both,

attack of the b-team 128x patch - generikB.zip

and

Sphax PureBDcraft 128x MC16.zip

i opened the attack of the B-team Zip with winrar and dragged the assets folder onto the Sphax.zip assets folder(no where can you copy and paste in a zip). then i added it to the Resource packs folder. when trying to select it Minecraft freezes and crashes to Launcher. What am i doing wrong?
5 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2014, 07:04

You MUST add the assets folder that GenericB provided to the normal 1.6.4 texture pack, then you should be able to switch into it with all textures.
From what you've said that is the issue, I am not sure though!

Thats exactly what i do and it wont work :(
13 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2014, 08:42

It's very possible that I made the patch wrong...I could upload my full resource pack but it will include the core Sphax, and I think that's against the rules here right?
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2014, 12:33

generikb wrote:
It's very possible that I made the patch wrong...I could upload my full resource pack but it will include the core Sphax, and I think that's against the rules here right?
It's against the texturepack license so it's less about the rules here and more about Sphax's wishes in general ;)

Anyway, as for the issue above it's the classic case of not having enough RAM assigned to your client. generikb has stated he has found more patches than which are available in the download in the thread so obviously it's more resource heavy.

Either assign more RAM to your client or you'll need to use lower resolution textures whenever they get released.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
5 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2014, 13:08

I have a 16GB of ram and the launcher allows only 3GB. Btw thnx for the reply's, GenerikB i love your vids thnx for your awsome series if you're not that busy i can give you my skype so you can send me a download link threw their. I understand your reasons if you wouldn't like to do that. Sr for going off topic HanFox.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2014, 13:17

genny sending you his isn't going to help you.

3GB is not enough RAM for a 128x pack. You need to give at least 8GB (and quite possibly more). Make sure you've installed 64bit Java and if you still have issues moving the slider seek support on the technicpack forum.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2014, 00:07

@LongLiveMe Like HanFox suggested, it's probably a 64-bit issue. My hope is that you didn't install a 32-bit operating system with that much RAM. Let's assume you didn't and here's a link to 64-bit java: https://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
2 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2014, 20:07

generikb wrote:
Realized that I should mention this, but in Gennyb's texture pack, there were a several mods that had 512x512 images instead of 128x128, so that could be a thing. Tropicraft was one of them if I remember rightly. I'll just go through the pack and downscale some stuff so that it is actually 128x.
HanFox wrote:
generikb wrote:
It's against the texturepack license so it's less about the rules here and more about Sphax's wishes in general ;)

Anyway, as for the issue above it's the classic case of not having enough RAM assigned to your client. generikb has stated he has found more patches than which are available in the download in the thread so obviously it's more resource heavy.

Either assign more RAM to your client or you'll need to use lower resolution textures whenever they get released.
Yeah, I think the reason is because of the 512x textures, I was having the same problem as well. In the meantime, if you can't wait for the sphaxy goodness, I already made a patch of the stuff gennyb's texture pack had but the other didn't, just download the 64x of the patch on the first page of this thread then add the folders from my previous post into it, then just put it into the sphax 64x. Unfortunately, it is only 64x.
2 Posts

Post 22 Feb 2014, 03:45

Turned up the ram in the launcher and it worked like a charm! thanks for the help all!