[512x - 32x] Railcraft [MC1.2.5 - 1.7, 1.10, 1.12]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
104 Posts

Post 29 Nov 2013, 19:54

How hard is it to upscale to 256 and 512 ?
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 29 Nov 2013, 20:07

It requires a total redraw of the textures to make a 512x & 256x and I will never do it.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
63 Posts

Post 08 Dec 2013, 15:06

Mod is updated!
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 30 Dec 2013, 21:58

Version 8.3.2.0
*Updated: gui_basic.png and gui_locomotive_steam.png
*Updated: track.disembarking.png

EDIT: I just realized at least one track sheet has changed, too (although it could have changed at any time... stupid mini-spritesheets)...

Will update again ASAP.

Done.
Patch Creator
129 Posts

Post 21 Jan 2014, 06:50

Just want to say thanks for all the effort spent on this patch, I particularly love the building material textures (Quarried, sandy brick, etc.) They're gorgeous! I now gravitate towards those almost exclusively when starting new builds.
MC U/N: Grumpy_Pirate
72 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2014, 17:01

GrumpyPirate wrote:
Just want to say thanks for all the effort spent on this patch, I particularly love the building material textures (Quarried, sandy brick, etc.) They're gorgeous! I now gravitate towards those almost exclusively when starting new builds.
I'm going to echo this: The fact that these building materials cost a bit more time and effort to acquire in large numbers (whether it's the need for clay/brick or zombie flesh or soul sand), compared to other nice-looking building blocks from, say, MFR, means it takes a really nice texture to make them worthy of the effort.

And, as someone who just built a whole damn village out of Sandy Brick and Infernal Brick, I can confirm that you rose to the occasion! Thanks!
Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting, conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2014, 17:20

Eunomiac wrote:
snip
Indeed. Huge props to KaosKlaus. Pretty much every texture he made was epic and then he ran away :(

Why do all the really good texturers run away leaving me to muck everything up :cry:
15 Posts

Post 26 Feb 2014, 12:17

I'm having a little trouble with the abyssal and infernal textures. I think they are both too dark particularly the infernal ornate texture (it appears to be identical to the abyssal one). I have tried to adjust the colouring for them by adding an overlay layer (white for abyssal and a touch red for the infernal). I really have no idea what I am doing but this seems to at least not look like total garbage.

What do you think of them? and is this the correct approach to alter the colour slightly?

Show
Abyssal
Infernal
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 26 Feb 2014, 17:41

They're not identical, but they are very similar.

I'll lighten the Abyssal slightly and add some purple to the Infernal (as that's what it seems to be in the vanilla textures).

-- Wednesday 2014-02-26 @ 17:41:17 --

I'm wondering, as Aedaeum brought it up, what sort of bricks are preferred for the blocks? Currently they're all the sharp cornered bricks (like the red clay brick), but Aedaeum suggested they should be soft-cornered stone brick (like nether brick).

Due to the alts both are technically covered (although the alt sheets are technically broken currently), but I was wondering what people thought should be the main brick type?

In vanilla RailCraft textures the bricks are recoloured nether bricks, FYI.

Version 8.4.0.0
*Updated: Abyssal stones to be a bit lighter and Infernal stones to be slightly purpley
*Updated: RockCrusher
83 Posts

Post 26 Feb 2014, 20:03

thanks for the superquick update!