[128x] Advanced Genetics

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 07:10

Benfll wrote:
Why doesn't download work? Can you go and upload it on OneDrive, GDrive or a google site?
Just means that the file doesn't exist at that location anymore. He needs to re-upload it.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
12 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 07:32

Aedaeum wrote:
Benfll wrote:
Why doesn't download work? Can you go and upload it on OneDrive, GDrive or a Google site?
Just means that the file doesn't exist at that location anymore. He needs to re-upload it.
I know that, I was just saying that those services are more reliable than dropbox, which seems to delete your file if it gets even slightly popular. At least it's better than MediaFire.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 07:57

@Benfll I've not known them to delete any files, your account simply runs out of bandwidth for an allotted amount of time. Most of the users on here are switching to copy.com, which doesn't seem to have a bandwidth limit, currently.
6 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 10:06

Link is fixed. Sorry about that, everyone!
BDcraft Web Admin
6620 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 13:36

None of the GUIs are done. Also you need to delete all the Thumbs.db's from the zips.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2014, 22:40

skidznet's husband here.
HanFox wrote:
None of the GUIs are done.
I thought this wouldn't be a deal-breaker at least for the initial release, since things like ComputerCraft and DivineRPG seemed to have been released without any GUI tweaks? Unless I'm failing at finding them.
HanFox wrote:
Also you need to delete all the Thumbs.db's from the zips.
My bad, should have pushed this one harder, wrote it off as an OCD thing. Technically, I could pick on DivineRPG again here, but it's easy enough to fix that, so I'll have her re-upload a version with these cleaned up.

How much of the GUI needs to be tweaked for an acceptable initial release?
BDcraft Web Admin
6620 Posts

Post 27 Mar 2014, 02:37

Not entirely sure why you're comparing this patch which has only just been done with patches that have been around for over a year.

If another patch is falling short post in their thread, but it was likely at one point they were complete.

At the time of saying a patch is complete, it should actually be complete for whatever version of the mod it was intended for.

The GUIs need to be complete in the PureBDcraft style in order for it to be acceptable, otherwise it's still, by definition, a WIP.

This is by no means a show of lack of appreciation for the effort gone in so far, but if some patches are moved when knowlingly incomplete it sets an unhappy precedent. I hope yourself, and indeed your partner, can understand.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
6 Posts

Post 31 Mar 2014, 00:33

The thumbs have been removed and the gui is being worked on. Hopefully we can get this show on the road very soon :)
20 Posts

Post 10 Dec 2014, 07:24

Could someone make the GUI textures please? :)
2 Posts

Post 11 Dec 2014, 03:11

losina wrote:
Could someone make the GUI textures please? :)
Bah. I was working on this, but it just got WAY too tedious and I gave up. So despite how skidznet's last post made it seem, this is not being worked on right now.