Home banner for Mods and Mods-packs: 930x320

Tekkit? Feed the Beast? All texture compilations (WIP and full releases) for mod packs go in here.
BDcraft Admin
2150 Posts

Post 28 Oct 2013, 00:56

I would like to know if some of you would be interested in promoting their PureBDcraft patches to the homepage of BDcraft.net.

If you are interested, because you are the author or an artist of the Mod patch for PureBDcraft or if you are a fan of the Mod, I would like a picture which meet the following requirements:
  • Size: 930x320
  • Format: PNG 24bit only (no alpha)
  • Colours: No flashy colours or old-school clip-arts. Try to use the colors from the Mod/Mod pack Logo
  • BDcraft colours: The red of BDcraft name is #E33333. The subtitles needs to be white. All the text is wrote in "Comic Book" font with a thick black border around. The mod name text should be written using "SF-Slapstick Comic".
  • Title: Use the logo of the Mod or (better) the logo of the Mod in vectors (no visible pixels is better)
  • Text: Small text is needed at the bottom of the picture and must contains "<Mod name> patch for PureBDcraft" with (optionally) something like "available now". You can add your nickname at the end if you there are are only one or two artists who created the patch.
  • Style: Use in-game screenshots with the PureBDcraft resourcepack, plus 1 or more blocks and items from the mod (I can make polished blocks and items easily if needed). Those screenshots must be put in "Polaroid like" photos.
  • Background: Use a realistic photo/texture without many details, like a wood plank, a bloody wall or dirty floor. The background must be inconspicuous and chosen depending on the Mod theme.
  • Limitations: No Minecraft avatar, no url, no visible pixelated items or blocks, no nickname if the patch was made by more than 2 artists.
This thread is more a workshop than a final idea. The goal is to use the homepage a lot more than actual (which is way too static currently but is a lot visited). That will mainly promote the PureBDcraft community made content and it's always better to know that our work is used. ;)

So, do not hesitate to propose pictures and ideas (in this thread or by PM).

Example (Better Than Wolves):
[img]/img_home/btw-banner.jpg[/img]

PSD file to use as a template: Remember to chose a background in relation with the Mod (or Mods pack) - something realistic like a photo and something without too many details/spots (no landscape) like a table/floor/wall surface. Have a look at the various Homepage banner to have some examples (bdcraft.net). ;)
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
72 Posts

Post 18 Mar 2014, 20:30

Hey, well, sure, I'll make a banner for the Lord of the Rings patch (just because I think it's important), but could you possibly make a paint.net template? I don't have photoshop so I can't use this template... :(
Former Staff
1132 Posts

Post 05 Oct 2014, 01:09

You can grab photoshop cs2 for free, officially. All you have to do is create an account :)
Here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitleme ... _downloads