[512x - 32x] OpenComputers [MC1.7]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Patch Creator
127 Posts

Post 25 Dec 2014, 10:56

...this mod adds programmable computers, i.e. blocks that can be used to write and run Lua programs. It also adds robots, which are basically mobile mini-computers that can interact with the world much like the player can: they can use items, break and place blocks, activate blocks and so on.

Downloads

v1.4.4.24 for 1.7.10 (compatible with MC1.6.4)
Show

Source

This patch is now on GitHub - to contribute, fork the repository and make a PR with any additions/changes - I'll look at them when I get the chance.

Previews

Components
Show

Blocks
Show

Upgrades
Show

Notes

A few of the key blocks in the mod (cases, robots, screens, etc.) are going to look a little washed-out, as the mod overlays a colour over the base textures to denote tiers - i.e. grey for Tier 1, yellow for Tier 2, cyan for Tier 3.

Changelog

Show
  • 29/02/2016 - Patch now on GitHub, contribute by forking and making a PR
  • 11/01/2014 - Updated for OC v1.4.4.24 - added:
    • Robot glow fix
    • Creative Drone/Microcontroller
  • 08/01/2015 - Updated for OC v1.4.3.22 - added:
    • Drones (items/model/GUI)
    • Present
    • Leash Upgrade
    • World Sensor Card
  • 03/01/2015 - Patch finished! (for OC as of v1.4.2.275)
  • 31/12/2014 - Added some items. Happy new year!
  • 29/12/2014 - Added all GUIs
  • 28/12/2014 - Finished off blocks for OC as of v1.4.2.275
  • 27/12/2014 - Added some blocks
  • 25/12/2014 - Initial WIP posted. Merry Christmas!

Credits

• Iron Nugget pinched from Thermal Foundation by HanFox
  • Chunk Loader icon from ChickenChunks by Sparkst3r
  • Generator from IC2 by the IC2 patch team
  • Various textures for icons by Sphax
Last edited by GrumpyPirate on 29 Feb 2016, 14:45, edited 20 times in total.
MC U/N: Grumpy_Pirate
Former Staff
1132 Posts

Post 27 Dec 2014, 04:08

Wow, I'm already drooling Grumpy.... I just love your work and I love this mod, so I can't wait for these textures to be complete. I'll definitely be using the WIPs until then :)

I hope you're having a good holiday :)
Patch Creator
127 Posts

Post 28 Dec 2014, 11:40

Thanks Aedaeum, the same to you :)

I've been messing around with OC recently too, it's been a while since I've actually genuinely enjoyed coding and I do love putting these tech patches together. Added a few more blocks + preview to the OP.

-- 28 Dec 2014, 11:40 --

DisassemblerOn example:

Bearing in mind that the animated parts are simply layered over the base texture in-game - so like other similar blocks, they'll have a 'glowing' appearance. Happy with the effect! I'll put together a static version of the patch afterwards for less powerful systems.
BDcraft Web Admin
5328 Posts

Post 28 Dec 2014, 11:56

Pfff, still cheating, GrumpyPirate >.>

Interested to see your cards and whatnot unless you've done them and I'm missed it :P

I hope you can help with Chisel again once you're done with this otherwise it'll be another year until it's up-to-date again xD
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
388 Posts

Post 28 Dec 2014, 12:43

Those are amazing! Its great to see some newer and greater designs for textures being used around
I'm back <3
Patch Contributor
285 Posts

Post 28 Dec 2014, 15:03

As usual that looks friggin awesome, if you want a HUUUUUUUGE challenge I dare you .... RotaryCraft :p
Patch Creator
127 Posts

Post 29 Dec 2014, 15:12

HanFox wrote:Interested to see your cards and whatnot unless you've done them and I'm missed it :P

I hope you can help with Chisel again once you're done with this otherwise it'll be another year until it's up-to-date again xD
Only just finished with the blocks! :cry: In theory I'd like to make the cards etc. slightly 3D, but I'm concerned that it'll make them lose detail. I'll experiment a little.

Totally up for more Chisel. :)
b0bst3r wrote:As usual that looks friggin awesome, if you want a HUUUUUUUGE challenge I dare you .... RotaryCraft :p
I don't really play with RotaryCraft (nor any of Reika's mods), so I'm afraid I'll have to pass on that one!

-- 29 Dec 2014, 15:12 --

Added GUIs
31 Posts

Post 29 Dec 2014, 15:16

Thanks for this patch!
Patch Creator
127 Posts

Post 03 Jan 2015, 05:34

Still a work in progress, here's a preview of some items:

I decided to go for a slightly-3D-but-not-too-3D look, similar to the newer Buildcraft gears (which I've always liked). It's just a little basic drop shadow along with some free transform distortion.

I've thrown together a Photoshop action that handles the process - I'll probably put it up on the Sphax resources thread if anyone wants to achieve a similar effect.

-- 03 Jan 2015, 05:34 --

Added everything else. Patch finished! :)
BDcraft Web Admin
5328 Posts

Post 03 Jan 2015, 09:47

*moved to Releases*

Nice :D
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up: