[128x - 32x] Pam's HarvestCraft [MC1.6.4 - 1.12]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 07 Apr 2014, 05:12

@FantaMinette Well, since you added the approx. progress and a link to the textures, I'll move this over to the WIP section. I suppose if you're not able to keep working on it, I can change ownership to someone else who has the time and desire to do so :)

For future reference, to get the actual percentage of progress:

Code: Select all

T = total textures
C = Completed textures

(C/T) * 100 = %
C (divided by) T (and the result, multiplied by) 100 = Percentage Completed
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
72 Posts

Post 07 Apr 2014, 14:41

FantaMinette wrote:
like i said im waiting for an answer from zombiemold, if he doesnt answer then i'll need to do alot more work and im not sure i can do this. but i can release an updated version of the previously provided texture pack with my stuff inside.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wa4n0b89z302 ... h_0.10.zip

im not owning everything, there's credit to :

Sapphirekat1040
Uborkagyalu
Your efforts are not going unappreciated! Thanks a ton for the work you've put into this; my Agrarian Skies are looking so much better now :)

I'm also willing to help any way I can, though I'm not a texture artist. I'm more of a texture Dr. Frankenstein, with the blatant thievery of "component parts" and all ;) I've got a folder full of random Sphax textures from old (and some not-so-old) mods, and if I notice any textures (or combinations of textures) that might make for an easy transition into Harvestcraft, I'll be sure to post them and let you know!

Admittedly delicate subject here, but regarding Zombiemold's textures... do you have access to them, but are just waiting for permission from him to use them? If so, and if you don't hear from him, and if his textures aren't true originals (i.e. they're based on, or use components of, other Sphax textures), it might be kosher to move forward without his express go-ahead---perhaps a mod can shed some light here? I certainly don't want to trample anyone's rights to their hard work, but if those rights aren't actually there... I say full speed ahead ;)

(Of course, all this is moot if you don't have access to his textures, in which case: Yeah, I'll do my best to help. Now that this is on the WIP page, and with the popularity of Agrarian Skies, I suspect it won't be long before we have a few more volunteers to help.)
Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting, conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 07 Apr 2014, 14:53

@Eunomiac Textures that are used from other artists, simply need to be referenced in the credits section, nothing more... Anyone making derivative works of Sphax' textures, waive all rights to those works, as they cannot be sold or distributed as their own.
23 Posts

Post 07 Apr 2014, 16:17

Aedaeum wrote:
@Eunomiac Textures that are used from other artists, simply need to be referenced in the credits section, nothing more... Anyone making derivative works of Sphax' textures, waive all rights to those works, as they cannot be sold or distributed as their own.
meaning i can use them ? because i know some of his work is created from scratch with only the sphax style. he got a lot of soup and other stuff that would make my work go really fast forward. the thing is, he gave me the texture in private, that makes me think he might have wanted it to not be public. if i'm sure that no one will try to sell those but i also know stealing others work is really bad.

thank you Eunomiac, if i can't use zombiemold parts, i'll need a skillet and a cutting board, without images from the internet, like they are right now. i really dont like taking google images for my stuff.

also i've made seeweed and leek yesterday they should be posted on https://pamwillbesphaxoneday.tumblr.com/

and like i said, if you got a texture you want me to do in emergency or that got a bug or that is just not satisfying let me know. (i'll probably try to remake the articho, and every texture that are no satisfying when that pack reach 100% progress state :))
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 07 Apr 2014, 23:50

@FantaMinette Yes, you can use them. Collaborating in private doesn't mean the textures are private. This patch is public, therefore any textures that would have been used from him, would have been public to begin with (I'm sure he understood this)... Just make sure you credit him in the credits section :)
23 Posts

Post 08 Apr 2014, 16:26

Aedaeum wrote:
@FantaMinette Yes, you can use them. Collaborating in private doesn't mean the textures are private. This patch is public, therefore any textures that would have been used from him, would have been public to begin with (I'm sure he understood this)... Just make sure you credit him in the credits section :)
good to know im going to make the modification and release a new version probably tomorrow.

-- 08 Apr 2014, 11:26 --

updated, as you can see, progress is fast, thanks to zombiemold textures, i'll be releasing alot of item because most of them only require texture tweeking and color changes. there should be another update when i feel that there is enough new content.
23 Posts

Post 15 Apr 2014, 23:12

updated today and recalculed the mod textures. added some items, renamed some things and i realized that the folder i was using as a main one was missing textures so i had to patch things up a bit.
350 Posts

Post 16 Apr 2014, 04:13

did you fix up the naming of folders?

I remember you renaming the mod name folder (which should be pamharvestcraft) something else. I had to rename a bunch of the folders to work with my patch. All you have to change the folder to that name, and put it in an assets folder.
I'm back <3
23 Posts

Post 17 Apr 2014, 17:21

no i didnt rename folders, i had to rename only some items, like some seeds and the like. if you want you can send me a exemple so i can use it as a base. like i said i cant try it on my own computer. i'm delievering the texture to the best i can but i dont really know how the texture folders should be named ect.
350 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 08:02

Here are some images:
Show

Ok, the images pretty much point it out. This first bit is recommended:

1. I recommend you name the zip 'Sphax_32x_PamHarvest' Please remember that you must copy the link again and upload it, as it will have changed.

That is because it is pointing out the size of the textures and is letting you know they are sphax textures for PamHarvest. I actually downloaded it and forgot what it was called. It took a while to find it as I normally look for SPHAX

The next bit is a MUST for getting it to work:

1. You must replace the pamharvestfantamine folder you have currently to 'assets'
2. This is the hard bit, you have to take out the existing 'textures' folder.
3. Create a new folder called 'pamharvest'
4. Put the textures folder inside the new 'pamharvest' folder.

ALL NAMES OF FOLDERS MUST BE THE EXACT SAME!!

This is so it works. I hope this helped you :)
I'm back <3