Cool stuff for texture packs with mcpatcher

You want to share something or want to speak about any other subject that doesn't fit in to the other forums? You are free to do that here! Be respectful as always.
15 Posts

Post 14 Jun 2016, 23:26

Hey everyone just wondering if there are any resource pack pros out there because I want to use cit's and aren't sure about the layout of my file and also if I need to be refering to the items in textures or in models, If anyone has an example or something that would be awesome but here's what I thought the mcpatcher tutorial thingy was telling me to do:

texture.goblin_sword
items=diamond_sword
nbt.display.Name=Goblinified Sword

basically all I have outside of this is a texture called goblin_sword in the texture/items folder.
also do you know if you can have it change to an animated version? like a flaming sword if a flame enchantment is applied.
finally I was trying to make activated activator rails have varying textures just by having some different textures and editing the blockstates file like so:

Show

Code: Select all

{
    "variants": {
        "powered=false,shape=north_south":  { "model": "golden_rail_flat" },
        "powered=false,shape=east_west":  { "model": "golden_rail_flat", "y": 90 },
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_east": { "model": "golden_rail_raised_ne", "y": 90 },
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_west": { "model": "golden_rail_raised_sw", "y": 90 },
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_north": { "model": "golden_rail_raised_ne" },
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_south": { "model": "golden_rail_raised_sw" },
        "powered=true,shape=north_south":  { "model": "golden_rail_active_flat" },
        "powered=true,shape=east_west":  { "model": "golden_rail_active_flat", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_east": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_west": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_north": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne" },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_south": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw" },
		"powered=true,shape=north_south":  { "model": "golden_rail_active_flat1" },
        "powered=true,shape=east_west":  { "model": "golden_rail_active_flat1", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_east": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne1", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_west": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw1", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_north": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne1" },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_south": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw1" },
		"powered=true,shape=north_south":  { "model": "golden_rail_active_flat2" },
        "powered=true,shape=east_west":  { "model": "golden_rail_active_flat2", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_east": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne2", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_west": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw2", "y": 90 },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_north": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne2" },
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_south": { "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw2" }
    }
}

Anyway If someone knows something about those things that would be great but also if anyone has anyother funky things that they've figured out how to do by only using a resource pack and mcpatcher I'd love to hear or see them just cause im interested to see how much you can do with a texture pack and how you do it.
Kaaarrg
Kaaaarg
Got Grungey First
428 Posts

Post 15 Jun 2016, 06:32

Hi there! First off, this is how you make your sword work :) It needs to go in assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/cit(and I'd advise putting it in its own folder called "goblin_sword" or something), saved as "goblin_sword.properties".

texture=./goblin_sword.png
nbt.display.Name=Goblinified Sword
matchItems=276
(276 being the diamond sword, Minecraft ID list for reference)
Your "goblin_sword.png" needs to go in the same place as you saved the .properties file.

You can have it change to a fiery version, by copying the .properties file, adding

enchantmentIDs=20
to the code, and changing the texture reference. (20 being Fire Aspect, Enchantment IDs for reference)

As for the blockstate file, you need to have arrays for each setup. Like this:
Show

{
    "variants": {
        "powered=false,shape=north_south":  [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_flat1" },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_flat2" }
		],
        "powered=false,shape=east_west":  [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_flat1", "y": 90 },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_flat2", "y": 90 }
		],
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_east": [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_ne1", "y": 90 },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_ne2", "y": 90 }
		],
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_west": [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_sw1", "y": 90 },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_sw2", "y": 90 }
		],
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_north": [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_ne1" },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_ne2" }
		],
        "powered=false,shape=ascending_south": [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_sw1" },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_raised_sw2" }
		],
        "powered=true,shape=north_south":  [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_flat1" },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_flat2" }
		],
        "powered=true,shape=east_west":  [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_flat1", "y": 90 },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_flat2", "y": 90 }
		],
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_east": [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne1", "y": 90 },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne2", "y": 90 }
		],
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_west": [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw1", "y": 90 },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw2", "y": 90 }
		],
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_north": [
		{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne1" },
		{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_ne2" }
	],
        "powered=true,shape=ascending_south": [
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw1" },
			{ "model": "golden_rail_active_raised_sw2" }
		]
    }
}
15 Posts

Post 18 Jun 2016, 11:29

wow thanks for the help, cit's have got to be one of the coolest features of a texture pack cause of just the amount of costomization you can provide for players, :D btw your pluin's for bdcraftpure look neat especially the tnt
thanks again
Kaaaarg