Dangerous advertising

You want to share something or want to speak about any other subject that doesn't fit in to the other forums? You are free to do that here! Be respectful as always.
1 Post

Post 27 Apr 2018, 13:45

Hello, am I in the right area here? I'm new here.

I just downloaded the sound extension. I have noticed that adf.ly switches extreme advertising. A lot of windows have been opened. I've been instructed to call a toll number. The windows could no longer be closed. I had to shoot down my browser via Task Manager. This has often happened to me when I wanted to download something from BDCraft.

I fully understand that you want to make some money on advertising. But that's going too far. With such extreme advertising, boundaries are crossed.

Please use another platform where we can download the files. Adf.l is not good. They are dangerous with her advertising. Viruses or other malware could be installed by mistake. Please come up with a solution to this problem.
BDcraft Web Admin
5167 Posts

Post 15 Jul 2018, 11:24

Whilst we agree adf.ly isn't great, there aren't any clean alternatives (we've tried a few).

Soon "Supporter" will be available where you can get direct links with no ads.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
1 Post

Post 28 Jul 2018, 23:54

BD craft is really helpful and useful for me. I use it on my windows computer. But recently I switched to the iMac core i7 and on that, I am seeing that lots of advertisement from the adf.ly are coming regularly whenever I am trying to download something from BD Craft. They are regularly asking me to call a number and all these which is really hectic for me. I am trying to know from about this issue. However, it would be really great if I will get my solution from here.
BDcraft Admin
2178 Posts

Post 02 Aug 2018, 09:07

markhenry wrote:
28 Jul 2018, 23:54
BD craft is really helpful and useful for me. I use it on my windows computer. But recently I switched to the iMac core i7 and on that, I am seeing that lots of advertisement from the adf.ly are coming regularly whenever I am trying to download something from BD Craft. They are regularly asking me to call a number and all these which is really hectic for me. I am trying to know from about this issue. However, it would be really great if I will get my solution from here.
You can report bad Ads to Adfly with the report button.
I also suggest adding "Popup Blocker Ultimate" addon to Firefox (or an equivalent for Chrome) so the bad Ads attempting to block browser with ugly tricks are blocked but the Ad itself isn't blocked if you disabled or don't have Adblock.

You can also become a BDcraft supporter and then you'll just not have any Ad at all (nothing on website and direct downloads, bypassing Adfly). ;)
Have you tried Cubik?
2 Posts

Post 10 Sep 2018, 00:20

I'm having this issue as well. I've tried closing out my browser and trying again for a different ad because I want to support the bdcraft website, and yet, I continuously get this type of ad wanting to install something, block me from closing my browser, try to trick me into downloading something, etc. I have a strong issue with sacrificing my safety for a resource pack.

So what I'm understanding from the comments to this topic is the following:
1) We (bdcraft and Co.) know and understand that we use an add service that installs malware on your computer. However, since you "need" us to have fun in minecraft, we aren't going to do anything about it because we're getting paid from ad.fl... and we don't want to rock the boat.

2) The core community behind bdcraft's only solution thus far is to pay bdcraft directly to avoid viruses being installed on our computers.

Many players of minecraft simply don't have the funds (which is why we play a game that we payed for once) or they can't gain access to the funds to subscribe to a secondary website to boost their game-play experience (anyone under age).

As a longtime user of BDCraft, I had hoped that the company and its community would've been more thoughtful about this issue. What the solutions are boiling down to is blackmail. Pay us or suck it up buttercup. This shouldn't be acceptable to ANYONE!
I want to strongly encourage BDCraft to reconsider their policy and start having conversations with their ad company. Right now, the way I see it, BDCraft is paying for the danger of their community .
BDcraft Admin
2178 Posts

Post 10 Sep 2018, 12:47

1) The bad tricks to scam users in Adfly are quite new (I personnaly never had any some months ago) and are done by advertisers, not Adfly team.
2) We are discussing directly with Adfly so they take more actions towards those scammers
3) If Adfly does not change or make its security stronger against the bad advertisers, the scammers, we'll move to another Ad service.
4) We - BDcraft team - all wants a safe place for kids, especially the ones who are facing the Ads (it's already the case for the supporter ones).
5) We are considering other Link advertisers services to replace Adfly for a long time, so that might happen sooner than we expected especially if Adfly team does not fix a lot more quickly those issues.

EDIT: Also, please when you see a bad Ad, please report it as soon as possible with the report button on the Adfly header. You can also complete that with the post here, stating your country and time on which you saw the bad Ad. Thanks.
Have you tried Cubik?
2 Posts

Post 20 Sep 2018, 00:13

Thank you very much for the clarification!
Sphax wrote:
10 Sep 2018, 12:47
1) The bad tricks to scam users in Adfly are quite new (I personnaly never had any some months ago) and are done by advertisers, not Adfly team.
2) We are discussing directly with Adfly so they take more actions towards those scammers
3) If Adfly does not change or make its security stronger against the bad advertisers, the scammers, we'll move to another Ad service.
4) We - BDcraft team - all wants a safe place for kids, especially the ones who are facing the Ads (it's already the case for the supporter ones).
5) We are considering other Link advertisers services to replace Adfly for a long time, so that might happen sooner than we expected especially if Adfly team does not fix a lot more quickly those issues.

EDIT: Also, please when you see a bad Ad, please report it as soon as possible with the report button on the Adfly header. You can also complete that with the post here, stating your country and time on which you saw the bad Ad. Thanks.