Feedback on PureBDcraft 1.16

Topics regarding PureBDcraft, the HD cartoony resourcepack for Minecraft Java Edition.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 28 Jun 2020, 08:59

Figlet wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 03:52
Hesitate to ask because I know most questions have already been answered somewhere, but: I see soul fire torches and lanterns in the change log, but seem to be getting the default versions even after removing all texture packs and downloading purebdcraft fresh. Are they not in yet or do I have something else going on?
Mojang renamed the files between snapshots. They'll be fixed in the upcoming release.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
1 Post

Post 30 Jun 2020, 22:46

HanFox wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 08:59
Figlet wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 03:52
Hesitate to ask because I know most questions have already been answered somewhere, but: I see soul fire torches and lanterns in the change log, but seem to be getting the default versions even after removing all texture packs and downloading purebdcraft fresh. Are they not in yet or do I have something else going on?
Mojang renamed the files between snapshots. They'll be fixed in the upcoming release.
Hey, have you an idea when the packs become fully textured ?
I play also in bedrock version and we have not any new block textured from 1.16 yet...

Thanks for your work, I love your pack !

Regards.
1 Post

Post 01 Jul 2020, 18:40

Feedback/Suggestion, I think that the Soul Soil texture should be a unique texture instead of being a re-colorized, brown netherrack. In vanilla it is a completely unique, smooth texture that looks like very fine soil/sand, and I feel like that should extend to PureBDCraft as well so that we can have the same building opportunities. To be 100% clear, I don't think the texture should be the same or similar to vanilla necessarily, just that it should be unique and different from netherrack, because they are very different blocks. It feels odd that animated organs make a dirt sound when broken and break as easily as some dirt. Thanks for listening :-)
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 03 Jul 2020, 20:25

We're happy to announce that the full 1.16 update is now live (r2) :D

All the addons are updated, except for 3D Items and the Customiser.

Customiser will be updated tomorrow.
The01player wrote:
01 Jul 2020, 18:40
Feedback/Suggestion, I think that the Soul Soil texture should be a unique texture instead of being a re-colorized, brown netherrack.
I've done a texture as an alt to this effect. It'll be available on the customiser when it's updated tomorrow.
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 04 Jul 2020, 11:26

Customiser has now been updated for MC1.16.
24 Posts

Post 04 Jul 2020, 23:01

Is their any News on the Shader addon?
5 Posts

Post 06 Jul 2020, 03:45

After playing around with the pack I noticed the fog color doesn't change with each biome, which is a bummer since that feature contributes a lot to the feeling of each biome.

Also I think it would be nice if the crying tiled better with normal obsidian as it does in vanilla.

I'm adding some pictures for each remark just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
5 Posts

Post 06 Jul 2020, 03:50

(obsidian in another reply since I can't upload more than 3 pictures)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 Posts

Post 06 Jul 2020, 07:47

Shergoidold wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 03:45
After playing around with the pack I noticed the fog color doesn't change with each biome, which is a bummer since that feature contributes a lot to the feeling of each biome.
The missing fog color change is an optifine thing... without optifine it works.
2020-07-06_09.43.52.png
2020-07-06_09.43.40.png
BDcraft Web Admin
6590 Posts

Post 06 Jul 2020, 10:06

Shergoidold wrote:
06 Jul 2020, 03:50
(obsidian in another reply since I can't upload more than 3 pictures)
From the wiki:
Crying obsidian gives off a light level of 10, which does not melt snow or ice. Its blast resistance distinguishes it from other light-emitting blocks.
This makes the block appear lighter than normal obsidian.

The reason vanilla doesn't look so different is because the texture is so dark compared to ours. We could technically counter-act it slightly by darkening the obsidian on the Crying Obsidian...