Pack Updates Status (MC1.20)

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
Post Reply 
User avatar
BDcraft Web Admin
6571 Posts
 x 428

Post 01 Dec 2023, 19:20

Biorez wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 19:13
Quick Feedback for XmasBDcraft 1.20 release: 64x download is 404 and 128x download works but is actually in 64x resolution.
Oh, whoops. Fixed now :)
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
User avatar
Supporter
3 Posts
 x 0

Post 01 Dec 2023, 20:48

HanFox wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 08:04
This seems like a fairly childish way to try and force our hand. There are plenty of other neutral places you could have asked this question, and likely people have already had the conversation elsewhere.
Not even trying to force your hand, you guys want money, nothing will change that. You're just gonna delay it so the free version remains a couple versions behind. You're the one trying to force peoples hands.

I asked here because I figure people here would more likely know of similar packs.
HanFox wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 08:04
Whilst I understand your frustration it has been explained in the thread that it's still Supporter-only due to delays with Microsoft and the Bedrock marketplace releases.
Also this "explanation" makes absolutely zero sense. Why do Java users have to be delayed because of something completely unrelated? You might as well just say it's not released because astronauts haven't landed on Saturn yet. It's just as silly lol.
User avatar
BDcraft Web Admin
6571 Posts
 x 428

Post 01 Dec 2023, 21:20

jonathonrt wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 20:48
HanFox wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 08:04
This seems like a fairly childish way to try and force our hand. There are plenty of other neutral places you could have asked this question, and likely people have already had the conversation elsewhere.
Not even trying to force your hand, you guys want money, nothing will change that. You're just gonna delay it so the free version remains a couple versions behind. You're the one trying to force peoples hands.
A couple of versions? Historically, and even now if the delay hadn't happened, the Java version has always been released fairly swiftly on the current version of the game. And, yes, most people who create things do want to be paid for their work. That's not exactly a weird concept, or do you work for free?

Even with Supporter it's not like we're rich, it's still akin to a small part-time project, and if we just had things open as "donations" we'd basically make nothing. BDcraft used to be entirely ad-supported, but as almost everyone blocks them we had to figure out other ways to keep going, or we'd just have to quit entirely.
jonathonrt wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 20:48
I asked here because I figure people here would more likely know of similar packs.
The best place to ask questions about similar packs is obviously not going to be on the website of the thing you're trying to replace. That can only been seen as a way to rile the creators, or, quite simply, is just not very well-mannered.
jonathonrt wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 20:48
HanFox wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 08:04
Whilst I understand your frustration it has been explained in the thread that it's still Supporter-only due to delays with Microsoft and the Bedrock marketplace releases.
Also this "explanation" makes absolutely zero sense. Why do Java users have to be delayed because of something completely unrelated? You might as well just say it's not released because astronauts haven't landed on Saturn yet. It's just as silly lol.
The explanation makes perfect sense as the Bedrock version is an entirely paid version. If it gets delayed we can't release the Java version ahead of it freely.

As I said, numerous times, the Java versions usually aren't delayed this much. They'd normally have been available to everyone a couple of months after Minecraft updated to MC1.20.

You can choose to accept the reasons or (quietly) believe we're greedy and liars, but no matter what you say nothing is going to change the current situation and I suggest you drop it and just move on if you're not interested in supporting us.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
User avatar
Supporter
3 Posts
 x 0

Post 01 Dec 2023, 21:42

HanFox wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 21:20
The explanation makes perfect sense as the Bedrock version is an entirely paid version. If it gets delayed we can't release the Java version ahead of it freely.
No, that still makes zero sense. The people on bedrock have already or will pay to get it, they have to. I doubt they're going to care, in the slightest, that Java gets it free. They already know packs on java are free. It's not a new concept. Releasing the java version will have literally no impact on the bedrock version. Nor does having the bedrock version affect the java version. I paid for PureBD on my Switch version, when I had it free on my java version. Surprisingly, I didn't have a complete breakdown as you seem to think would happen to people. That is what you're expecting, right? Because otherwise I can't find any way your "explanation" makes any sense. Please, help me out here, what is your logic?
User avatar
42 Posts
 x 0

Post 02 Dec 2023, 23:02

HanFox wrote:
01 Dec 2023, 21:20
The explanation makes perfect sense as the Bedrock version is an entirely paid version. If it gets delayed we can't release the Java version ahead of it freely.
Ah, that makes sense. I, too, was wondering why the release for Bedrock had anything to do with java.

I am sad it's not released yet for java, but I've been using your textures for vanilla and mods for like 10 years now and think it's very reasonable for you to get paid for your work (which is why I leave ads whitelisted for this site).

(on a side note, I just started using Brave browser and will see if I can throw some brave credits your way, when I get some, if possible)
User avatar
1 Post
 x 1

Post 07 Dec 2023, 13:39

Is there a sensitive timeframe for when the Bedrock version will be approved/published, so all packs are available to the public? I understand the delays and acknowledge that this really goes out of your control due to Microsoft's faulty system. I've been using BDCraft for a while, mostly XmasBDCraft as I tend to put that pack on whenever it's updated and the Holiday season approaches, and it would be awful to me personally, to miss out on it because there were unforeseen delays.
User avatar
Supporter
31 Posts
 x 1

Post 20 Dec 2023, 11:29

Kendo wrote:
16 Jun 2023, 14:11
This has been my favorite texture pack ever since it came out twelve years ago, and when I discovered GrungeBDcraft I was even more thrilled! I can't wait to see your designs for armor trims too! You're doing God's work, my friends. Don't you ever forget it!
Same here. :relieved:
User avatar
1 Post
 x 0

Post 23 Dec 2023, 19:40

Hi there,

Long time fan, and user of the PureBDCraft pack. It's the only pack I use.

I'm frustrated because I do not have a lot of spare funds, but I did buy the pack on Bedrock even though I mainly only play Java, and right now due to only being accessible to supporters, the 1.20 version isn't available to me on Java and I cannot afford to support anyone other than myself currently.

I make modpacks, and furthermore, BDCraft inspired textures for those mods. I read the "Update Status" post in this forum, and it said back in July that it'd be "released shortly after it hit Bedrock". I've used BDCraft on Bedrock over a month and a half ago.

I think if I gave money to this project through Bedrock that should count as supporting this project's development, and I'd appreciate it if there'd be some sort of link feature (and if there is one, then a more easier place to see and access that feature).

Otherwise, I'm just going to go into my 1.19 files, change the version to 1.20, and do everything myself. You're not stopping me, or walling me off: you're inconveniencing an active supporter from using your content and ultimately pushing them away.

At the very least post a date where people can expect access and WHY it is temporarily unavailable (I imagine it's because this team needs additional funding to keep things floating, but if that's the case, transparency is a much better approach), because "temporarily unavailable" isn't a satisfactory enough answer.

I'm just very frustrated as a fan and supporter that I cannot have free access to the library of files that I build my entire aesthetic experience in Minecraft around, and don't have a clear indication on why that happened or when that'll change.

Thank you for reading this, and your valuable time.

EDIT: I had to go back to the 6th page on the 1.20 BDCraft update forum post. But I see there's been updates. That qualms most of what I said, but I feel like those notifications should be right below the "Download X.XX version" section when you select 1.20. It'd clear up a TON of unneeded searching and confusion.
User avatar
BDcraft Web Admin
6571 Posts
 x 428

Post 23 Dec 2023, 20:19

LiftVacuum wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 19:40
...
We're just as frustrated as you that the delay has been so long. The first post of this thread does state what the issue is and it's "technically" Microsoft's fault, otherwise we'd have released months ago to everyone.

We have no way of verifying Bedrock purchases, so we can't do any "linking". Not that a single lifetime purchase on the marketplace quite equates to a yearly Supporter on the website :sweat_smile: (but yes, we understand things are difficult for people, and in some countries €12 is basically a luxury purchase).

I'm not sure I said it in this thread, or on Discord, but the message on the Downloads page could be clearer, and should be. It's on me to update it... which I've done now.

To avoid me repeating what I've said previously you can read these other posts by me:
viewtopic.php?p=47255#p47255
viewtopic.php?p=47265#p47265

Gladly we have a little bit of good news, the PureBDcraft (and technically VanillaBDcraft) have been approved by Microsoft (albeit VanillaBDcraft needs a few easy fixes), we're just waiting to make sure they follow through on their promise of transferring the ratings to the new marketplace items, and that everyone who has already purchased them on the Marketplace gets the new items for free. Sadly though, like a lot of tech companies, Microsoft are basically entirely absent over this holiday period, so we're hoping in the new year it'll all get released; both Bedrock and Java.

I doubt this sates anyone's disappointment, but at least it's some sort of progress... :confused:
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
User avatar
4 Posts
 x 5

Post 24 Dec 2023, 12:37

I understand that things takes time with MS and so, but what I don`t get is why the java version can`t come out before bedrock :)
The way it`s been worded it sounds like MS denies stuff that goes in BRMP to be released for free before the BR version is out, or this has something to do with that the BDcraft team want it to be fair for everyone and don`t ship stuff before its available for all on all platforms.

Anyhow, I have waited this far, so no hate from me, just trying to understand it better :)
Post Reply