[128x/64x] More Connected Textures [MC1.5 & 1.7]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Supporter
247 Posts

Post 03 Dec 2018, 21:58

nosiphus wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 21:48
MauveCloud wrote:
03 Dec 2018, 17:49
Was there a 1.12 download for this that was removed? A few recent posts indicate testing of this in 1.12.2, but the topic and first post indicate downloads only available up to 1.7.
The 1.7 patch should work on 1.12, but you’ll have to place override .json files so that PureBDcraft’s wood customizations don’t break the bottom face. I can send them along if you need them.
I'll try it as-is first (except for changing the pack format so Minecraft won't complain about it being for an older version). I made the roof of my house entirely of glass blocks :D, so I'm not that worried about bad-looking bottom faces of planks.

Edit: I discovered a different problem - granite in-world was appearing like regular stone (and presumably andesite and diorite would be similarly affected), so I deleted block1.properties.
Supporter
247 Posts

Post 07 Dec 2018, 23:33

Update: I deleted the blockstate files for planks from my local copy of the main bdcraft pack (like HanFox suggested), and even the top and sides of planks look a little better now. I also figured out how to apply the connected planks textures to the stairs (though I admit I haven't checked how that looks with corner stairs), and removed some files from my local copy of this patch that I found problematic (like ladders - I'm not fond of the missing rungs look personally, but for those that want it, the main pack handles that now without even needing Optifine) or not to my taste (like the pentagonal "footprints" occasionally appearing on sand or snow). Thus I'm not exactly using it "as-is" anymore, but neither am I particularly interested in the override .json files you offered.
70 Posts

Post 07 Dec 2018, 23:57

The override options are really there for modpack patches. I have BDcraft patches for my modpacks that I don’t post on these Forums. The overrides are so the unaltered PureBDcraft can be used without lengthy instructions on what to delete.
Nosiphus focuses on designs that emphasize simplicity and ease of use coupled with customization and utility.
Nosiphus - A more familiar approach.

https://www.nosiphus.com/
Supporter
247 Posts

Post 22 May 2020, 18:32

It might be interesting to see a version of this that handles the "random" textures via 1.8+ blockstate/model jsons instead of requiring Optifine. Maybe also the plank textures could be done without requiring specific endpoint textures.