qCraft

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
46 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 07:30

I had a look at what mods needed patches and i thought qCraft (https://qcraft.org/) would be a simple enough starting point for a complete Sphaxing newbie that I am, so I'm giving it a go. Open to any suggestions and alterations.
Show

This is quantum dust, the main resource added by this mod, and i have animated it (one of the biggest challenges of this patch so far) but i cant work out how to get that to show on here.

Textures we still need:
eoo
eos
quantum_dust

WIP patch download (fixed)
qcraft.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by boundingstar on 03 Sep 2020, 03:40, edited 8 times in total.
Textures like a 80 yr old with autoshapes
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
164 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 08:13

May I help you with this patch? Its fun mod and I would love to help making textures for it. :D
If you need to contact me for any reason add me on skype. My skype account is keddoxz.
46 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 09:07

KeddoXZ wrote:
May I help you with this patch? Its fun mod and I would love to help making textures for it. :D
Sure!
I'm only new to the business so I'll take all the help I get.

-- 10 Mar 2014, 18:32 --

Here's what I'm thinking of for the supercomputer, its a recoloured "netherator" from PE and Iv'e got the wiring on a separate layer. It's supposed to be a five frame animation and in the original texture for the supercomputer there were sparks running along the wires, which i was trying to somewhat recreate. i thought it was nifty that real quantum computers run in a five state system rather than binary and i thought i could somehow fit this in to the obligatory Sphax pentagon.
Last edited by boundingstar on 13 Mar 2014, 07:28, edited 2 times in total.
350 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 10:35

Darn, I would love to help too. Would have done this if i hadn't been doing AM2
I'm back <3
Patch Creator
343 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 11:12

I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon - Textures like a monkey with a typewriter
164 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 13:52

Again DBZ goggles? Why it must be everywhere. xDD No hate but it would be nice to have unique goggles/glasses sometimes. :D

Edit: I'll try to work on quantum computer block and maybe some other stuff will see what I can do. :D
If you need to contact me for any reason add me on skype. My skype account is keddoxz.
40 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 15:52

I've just made some textures for this patch.
Didn't see the topic.

So I'll share my textures here.
Hope you can do something with it.

Show
ImageImage
46 Posts

Post 10 Mar 2014, 20:49

Cool! We've got loads of help, we should get this done in no time!
As for your textures, tommytoe, I like the shapes un the ore, but I think it could have a little more darkness and contrast, I'll post my attempt up in a few hours so I can show you what I mean.
350 Posts

Post 11 Mar 2014, 05:40

Hmm.. i decided to modify the quantum dust a bit, go a head and use if you want to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v08mgcxhoqt6y ... m_dust.psd

PS. I have now added a stroke in the PSD
I'm back <3
46 Posts

Post 11 Mar 2014, 05:54

The thing I was going with for the quantum dust was it was the same shape/size as redstone dust, since there both dusts you get from ores