[128x - 32x] Thaumcraft [MC1.1 - 1.7 & 1.12]

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
78 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 20:17

So, Laurae, here is a halfjob:
https://imgur.com/NpYHOp0,OHpyZqk,VlnwG ... ,whlFW82#0

First, runes on the matrix bit pale to my opinion. They glowing, ok, but i find glowing sequence a bit harsh and hasted. little bit more deep and smooth glowing sequence?
Textures for matrix are nice, both at distance and in motion.
I am not sure, how do i feel design of runic infusion recipes: that purple "clover" at background is kiling understanding of blueprint, i think. Bettter to reduce everything, that is not belongs to the recipe.
Particles stil broken, as well as at the picture of thaumic examinator can be seen issues with rune armored healthbar.
Infusion process looks awesome, though, there is still broken "quarters" of particles.
Pictures for the ThRaumanomicon will be tomorrow)
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Patch Creator
262 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 21:09

maxtillentine wrote:
So, Laurae, here is a halfjob:
https://imgur.com/NpYHOp0,OHpyZqk,VlnwG ... ,whlFW82#0

First, runes on the matrix bit pale to my opinion. They glowing, ok, but i find glowing sequence a bit harsh and hasted. little bit more deep and smooth glowing sequence?
Textures for matrix are nice, both at distance and in motion.
I am not sure, how do i feel design of runic infusion recipes: that purple "clover" at background is kiling understanding of blueprint, i think. Bettter to reduce everything, that is not belongs to the recipe.
Particles stil broken, as well as at the picture of thaumic examinator can be seen issues with rune armored healthbar.
Infusion process looks awesome, though, there is still broken "quarters" of particles.
Pictures for the ThRaumanomicon will be tomorrow)
Particles are broken indeed. I am the one responsible here though. What I'll end up doing is the gui and the misc folder entirely, maybe even the foci folder. Then once I finish that I can work on other stuff. Basically blocks, items and models! :) I may pause on that a bit and do some items/blocks/models, we'll see.
78 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 21:42

crumbl3d wrote:
Particles are broken indeed.
I've wrote about particles, cause Laurae asked about them in process of scanning and infusing. Really feels bad now, cause did you to excuse once again about them, and that is not what i wanted to do)
Calm down man, once again i repeat that, i allready told you before: so far bad way or right way, you managed this project so far while all the others just dropped out. How's that once sayed a Queen of Plunderers and Pirates: "Keep Calm - And Carry On". )
Patch Creator
262 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 22:10

maxtillentine wrote:
crumbl3d wrote:
Particles are broken indeed.
I've wrote about particles, cause Laurae asked about them in process of scanning and infusing. Really feels bad now, cause did you to excuse once again about them, and that is not what i wanted to do)
Calm down man, once again i repeat that, i allready told you before: so far bad way or right way, you managed this project so far while all the others just dropped out. How's that once sayed a Queen of Plunderers and Pirates: "Keep Calm - And Carry On". )
I'm very sorry if you got a sense that I was angry or sad or depressed. I was just laughing that you haven't pointed a finger at me. Nothing else.
I know I've done a lot, and I'm proud of myself first, but I seriously want to finish the patch. When Thaumcraft 4 first came out, I said that I was going to do the patch this time. I didn't even think about it, I just had an idea.
Then the work started and I was just blinded by the amount of it that had to be done. It was just amazing. But then people started to hop in and do some of the textures and it was going well. I would have never thought that I would make it this far back when I started. I seriously think that we can finally finish Thaumcraft patch and lift Azanor's curse! :D That would last only until he releases an update that adds a bazillion of new textures. Then back to the drawing board! :)

-- 09 Feb 2015, 23:10 --

Wow this commit is taking forever. Though that was to be expected, I added like 400 MB of stuff. :P
187 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 22:46

Awesome, i like your committment
i like to debug, glad to help you :D
288 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 22:53

Yeah, I uhh had to decrease the size of some of my PSDs, hit the 50MB limit >.>

As for the Infuser core, I think I'll play around with the colors to see if I can get it to appear to glow. As far as the animation itself, not sure if we can actually alter that. Perhaps if Azanor made it into a .mcmeta file, but otherwise, I can only adjust the texture.

The Thaumnomicon PSD will be fixed up soon, I agree, its messy. For the screenshots, think you could manage to turn off WAILA? I think the command should be Numpad 0 for the menu. I'd also like to see if we can keep the screenshots to just Vanilla and Thaumcraft blocks so that they are applicable to anyone using the pack if thats possible ^^;
78 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 23:21

Laruae wrote:
Yeah, I uhh had to decrease the size of some of my PSDs, hit the 50MB limit >.>

As for the Infuser core, I think I'll play around with the colors to see if I can get it to appear to glow. As far as the animation itself, not sure if we can actually alter that. Perhaps if Azanor made it into a .mcmeta file, but otherwise, I can only adjust the texture.

The Thaumnomicon PSD will be fixed up soon, I agree, its messy. For the screenshots, think you could manage to turn off WAILA? I think the command should be Numpad 0 for the menu. I'd also like to see if we can keep the screenshots to just Vanilla and Thaumcraft blocks so that they are applicable to anyone using the pack if thats possible ^^;
I do believe, that glowing sequence is somehow depends on the colours of runes: if they are glowing from, lets say it, white to black, they have to "walk" through all the colour levels and that is long path. But when they goes from light gray to dark gray, path is shorter and sequence is sharper and blinking is more often. I compare your runes, being purple they provokes blinking from light purple to dark purple i think, and a compare them to Novamanga PGn, where runes are almost white and runeslots are black, and that makes a "long path blinking". I just hope, i am understandable, not a carrier of english.
Sorry to forget turn off whaila, do you need those screenshots second time, or it is just request for the future?
Screenshots for ThRaunomicon - i gonna second them as close to the originals, as it possible, so vanilla, yes) Others screenshots will be Vanilla and Thaum, i know how to implement it. )
Patch Creator
343 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 23:21

crumbl3d wrote:

-snip-

Wow this commit is taking forever. Though that was to be expected, I added like 400 MB of stuff. :P
Oh no not another commit, i've just been arguing with git over why I can't pull the latest commits. I don't need more. D:

Hehe, i'm busy with python to make a script to check whether a psd exists for a file in the TC4 vanilla assets folder. Hopefully should help working out what and what isn't textured.
I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon - Textures like a monkey with a typewriter
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 09 Feb 2015, 23:40

@Crumbl3d I'm not sure if you're aware, but github free accounts only allow a gigabyte of storage. With images, it's very easy to go over this. I just wanted you to be aware of that.

https://help.github.com/articles/what-is-my-disk-quota/
Patch Creator
343 Posts

Post 10 Feb 2015, 01:23

You'll need to have python for this. You'll also need python in your system PATH but it 'should' already be there.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/455 ... /Sphax.zip

Change the directories in the head of the .py file and run the batch file. It'll print a list of files that are missing from the sphax folder that exist in the vanilla folder. It will change the file extention from png to psd too.

-- 10 Feb 2015, 00:58 --

(Appl3)Crumbl3 do you have the latest aspects psd?
May I have them please?

Also do we have the amber block psd too?

EDIT:
Made a new Amber item, I hadn't made a good job of the previous one, frankly it was terrible XD
I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon - Textures like a monkey with a typewriter