[128x - 32x] Thaumcraft [MC1.1 - 1.7 & 1.12]

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
Patch Creator
343 Posts

Post 17 Feb 2015, 15:41

shuttleshooter wrote:
well, i like that you want to improve it, but maybe you should fix your eyes on the work that has to be done. (sorry if that sounds a little patronising)
I get bored if I work like that though. :P If you force it, it never looks right. :)
I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon - Textures like a monkey with a typewriter
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
187 Posts

Post 17 Feb 2015, 15:54

you're right. you should always have fun when you do work, or at least you have to have the feeling that you're achieving something that is worth it(school) :dork:
i like to debug, glad to help you :D
78 Posts

Post 17 Feb 2015, 17:41

shuttleshooter wrote:
you're right. you should always have fun when you do work, or at least you have to have the feeling that you're achieving something that is worth it(school) :dork:
That is little bit childish) Childs are talented indeed, and thinking this way is good for design art works, or litracy, or else) But rockets does not flyes to the skys, only cause of work-for-fan)
Best results achieved by the people, when they are stressed, and working for better life. Not just my oppinion, but some statistic behind. )
187 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2015, 13:21

maxtillentine wrote:
shuttleshooter wrote:
That is little bit childish) Childs are talented indeed, and thinking this way is good for design art works, or litracy, or else) But rockets does not flyes to the skys, only cause of work-for-fan)
Best results achieved by the people, when they are stressed, and working for better life. Not just my oppinion, but some statistic behind. )
well, i think that if you don't have fun with your work, that you could better stop, of course there will be things in life that you don't like to do and still have to, but if you don't have fun, you will be less interested in aspects of the work.

stress can be a good working condition, though it can make people to make quick decisions, which are not always right.

working for better life, yes, but you must enjoy doing it, otherwise you'll be working very passively
78 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2015, 13:37

shuttleshooter wrote:
-- 18 Feb 2015, 17:37 --
shuttleshooter wrote:
snip
Let it say, that job is literally kills you, when you have a disgust for it. And there is no job in the world, that could give you fun for process, for all the lifetime. It is a diffirence between "I want to do it" and "I have to do it" and "I can do it" as difference between child, parent and adult. But that is all psychology aspects, and my idea is to share some knowledge, that could help you, with life decisions, this is not a dispute, and i am not trying to convince you that i am right and you are wrong) Enjoy your life, pal)
288 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2015, 13:54

Guys, I'm glad you're having a good discussion, but can we save that for the general forum? This thread is specifically for Thaumcraft.

Also, finished re-making the thaumcraft pressure plate textures.

Show
187 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2015, 14:23

you're right laurae, it was nice to have a good discussion with you maxtellentine.
78 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2015, 14:24

Laruae wrote:
Guys, I'm glad you're having a good discussion, but can we save that for the general forum? This thread is specifically for Thaumcraft.

Show
Sorry, no more spam. Plates are good... want to ask about primal charm: it round part is ok, but it consists of two parts, second one looks somewhat like "ears" or "handles" at the lower sides of sphere. It still vanilla... )
Patch Creator
343 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2015, 14:52

Laruae wrote:

Show
Looks great Laruae. I think I have the plates .psd somewhere that Caden gave me though but I'm not sure.
Also, could you try making the inner shadow of the wood a bit more vibrant it doesn't have the "varnished" look of the original? :D
I make sphax tutorials once in a blue moon - Textures like a monkey with a typewriter
288 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2015, 15:13

Which inner shadow? Also, the PSD is in the spoilers. Would love to get all your thaumcraft PSDs.