[IMPORTANT|Java] If You Have Trouble Downloading the Pack

You need some technical assistance with our resourcepacks or website or general help with Minecraft, including mods.
3 Posts

Post 01 Jun 2016, 20:28

Ok. I can do that. It took me several tries to download the pack, so I figured you'd want to know.
1 Post

Post 17 Jun 2016, 19:41

Getting the error from Adfly saying "Your internet connection is too slow to continue", when that one doesn't pop up I get the full page blocking ad that installed some malware. Been trying to download the addon packs (the more 3D blocks, broken items) for about a week. There are no alternate links. Just got done reinstalling Windows to get rid the malware. Would like to use them but no more adfly, ever.

Do you think we can get some alternate links up for these addons?
1 Post

Post 10 Aug 2016, 00:49

The mirror links are broken. Every time I click on one, a new tab opens for a millisecond, then closes automatically.
BDcraft Web Admin
5467 Posts

Post 10 Aug 2016, 01:00

Turn off your adblocker.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
9 Posts

Post 10 Aug 2016, 03:15

I can't get any of the main packs to download as of today without adblocker on both on Safari and Chrome. I can download the patches just fine but Pure any version or Grunge just continue to load forever and the click here if doesn't download immediately is not working either.
BDcraft Web Admin
5467 Posts

Post 10 Aug 2016, 10:27

Tsunami88, the links are working fine. Please try the steps in the first post of this thread.
7 Posts

Post 23 Sep 2016, 07:38

Many thanks for what I consider the best texture pack for Minecraft. I appreciate the Vanilla BDCraft so much that I have put my money where my mouth is and donated. And I will likely continue doing so as you release updates to this amazing pack.

However after being unable to download the latest update even after carefully allowing a limited set of scripts and cookies from Adfly and Adfocus' networks, I had to voice my concern.

Enjoy our texture pack!
...and the malware or virus you may get while downloading it.

Namely, I personally believe that it is irresponsible to use Adfly and Adfocus as gateways to file downloads. While I understand the need for advertising supported content, these ad networks are well-known for delivering malware and other malicious files through their networks, putting everyone who uses them at tremendous risk.

In fact, after setting up a sandboxed virtual machine, I was finally able to download the latest release. After clicking through to Adfly, a browser window opened and I was redirected to four different domains, where at the final one, my browser suddenly downloaded a fake Flash plugin installer and would not let me leave the page due to repeated dialog prompts when I tried to close the window.

This isn't the first time this has happened to me -- and many others -- on these ad networks.

PLEASE put your downloads up on a cleaner/safer distribution method. Use Mediafire. Use MEGA. Use Bittorrent. If you must use advertising, set up your own page/system with Google AdSense (at least a little more trustworthy) or something. Anything other than these poisons malware distribution networks who have no interest in policing the malicious crap that they are spewing onto the internet.

Thanks for listening. /end rant ;)
BDcraft Web Admin
5467 Posts

Post 23 Sep 2016, 13:33

It's not the downloads that cost the money, it's the website in general.

AdSense (and generally other banner ad networks) don't let you do a landing page for downloads full of ads and even if they do they're a pittance compared to link monetization networks and likely wouldn't offer enough.

Whilst there's agreement adfly/adfoc/shortest/etc. aren't very good there's no alternative really. If there was it'd have been changed already.
2 Posts

Post 30 Sep 2016, 02:28

I have to agree with MinecraftDood and add it that after threading the needle of viruses... I ended up on a page saying that you couldn't find the download I was looking for (x64 1.7.10).
Two different browsers, all with ad blocking turned off (hence the scary stuff).

Where is the file?
114 Posts

Post 30 Sep 2016, 06:23

AdFly will redirect you back to this Site ;)
The DL's are NOT elseware, then here.

And... you do not have to turne of all of your Blockers...