[64x] BetterChests [MC1.7 - 1.8]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
37 Posts

Post 15 Aug 2014, 05:48

BetterChests

It is about a Chest, that you can upgrade to how you want it to be. You can make a Cobblestone Generator out of it, you can make the Chest suck in nearby Items, or you can use the chest as a big furnace. There are many more upgrades, but you should discover them yourself.

Downloads

for MC1.7 & MC1.8

Preview

Image preview is dead. If you can supply a preview image please post it in the thread.

Changelog

Show
08/14/14 - Uploaded Completed Pack

Credits

Show
Most textures are slap-hackery of existing Sphax 64x textures. When appropriate, extra textures were either created/modified from:
Google Search
Other Sphax Texture Packs:
  • Thermal Expansion(energy upgrade)
  • Minefactory Reloaded(collector upgrade)

Other Textures

On occasion, I will derp together something close to a sphax patch.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
37 Posts

Post 08 Mar 2015, 16:25

Here's an update for the most recent 1.7.10 version, 1.1.1.8. This may or may not work with 1.8, I haven't even thought about 1.8 yet. This should work okay with previous versions, but no promises.

1.7.10 - Mod Version 1.1.1.8 Edit: Also, nothing can be done about the "wrenched" texture (when you use the hammer to pick up a placed chest). I pulled the mod apart, and there is just simply nothing that references a texture for it :(
On occasion, I will derp together something close to a sphax patch.
2 Posts

Post 18 Mar 2015, 13:42

Make texture of the interface, because some people doesn't like way the default interface looks
26 Posts

Post 30 Jun 2015, 08:58

For a nicer interface (looks now like the rest of the Sphax guis) go here...
1 Post

Post 19 Jul 2015, 15:56

Caeldeth - Also, nothing can be done about the "wrenched" texture (when you use the hammer to pick up a placed chest). I pulled the mod apart, and there is just simply nothing that references a texture for it
I have worked together with Aroma and he doesn't store the wrenched texture in BetterChests files. Aroma migrated the wrenching of blocks to his coremod and he stores the wrenched ItemStack in NBT, meaning that he can't display the wrenched item as the icon. While it won't be a usable function, it'll stay the fugly pink/black missing texture.

-EdwardR
3 Posts

Post 06 Jun 2016, 12:47

Please post link on a different website, copy.com has expired as of May 1st
Lifetime Supporter
247 Posts

Post 07 Jun 2016, 00:05

I had a copy of the patch downloaded from before, and since nobody else chimed in, I've rehosted it here for now:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5WJmT ... JkRnM/view
I think it's the older patch from the original post, rather than the mod version 1.1.1.8 update, though.
10 Posts

Post 14 Jul 2016, 03:23

So I didn't see if the small handful of missing textures from version 1.1.1.9 were added in your second post before creating my own, so here are some variations of some of the chests from your pack (as well as those missing in the OP) for anyone interested in them here. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
12 Posts

Post 27 Apr 2019, 14:32

Anyone planning on updating these for 1.12.2? Thanks :-)