[512x - 32x] Thermal Expansion [MC1.4.7 - 1.12]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Post Reply
User avatar
BDcraft Web Admin
5167 Posts
 x 71

Post 19 Nov 2013, 20:30

If you find bugs let me know, don't keep them to yourself!!

Version: 3.0.0.b2
#Added: Liquid Coal in all forms, Cryotheum, Pyrotheum, Flux Capacitors, Conduits, Activator, Breaker, Nullifier, Workbench, Dynamos, EnergyCells, Florbs, Steam (by CadenDonuts), GUIs for all the new machines, dustBlizz, rodBlizz, Enderium, Plates, Strongboxes, Tanks, Invar Tools
*Tweaked: Some GUIs
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
User avatar
36 Posts
 x 0

Post 19 Nov 2013, 21:07

Could you update the screenshots on the thread page? I can't check it out right now but I'd like to see it!
I like trains...
User avatar
1 Post
 x 0

Post 19 Nov 2013, 21:12

Found a bug with the leadstone energy conduits when they connect to each other.
http://i.imgur.com/PQmwkOc.png
User avatar
BDcraft Web Admin
5167 Posts
 x 71

Post 19 Nov 2013, 21:20

Sharp573 wrote:Found a bug with the leadstone energy conduits when they connect to each other.
http://i.imgur.com/PQmwkOc.png
I knew there was something I missed... I'll have to fix that properly tomorrow. No more time left tonight.

I've uploaded a quick and dirty fix for now.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
User avatar
104 Posts
 x 0

Post 19 Nov 2013, 22:18

Download now and will post anything i find :D

Thanks for the great work HanFox!

EDIT:
Few things.
1. White item ducts .. Seem just not to fit should have a sliver or gray tint to it.
2. The dynamo have a white texture flash to them when i move around the area.
3. The ducts above dynamos just seem to be sharp looking rather then smooth if you get what i mean.
Image
User avatar
Patch Contributor
282 Posts
 x 7

Post 19 Nov 2013, 22:52

Red and blue arrows on itemduct conduits haven't scaled down well (to 64x) and are really blurry and not crisp.

First impression of the leadstone energy conduit is it has too many colors and is too much, if you stand back it looks ok but if you get up close it's like a psycadelic disco of colors.. itemducts are close to this too but slightly more manageable.

The rest is pretty damn hot!!!

Image

Image

Edit - these are my personal opinions, don't go altering them just for me unless you agree.

-- 19 Nov 2013, 22:52 --
MrSapient wrote:Download now and will post anything i find :D

Thanks for the great work HanFox!

EDIT:
Few things.
1. White item ducts .. Seem just not to fit should have a sliver or gray tint to it.
2. The dynamo have a white texture flash to them when i move around the area.
3. The ducts above dynamos just seem to be sharp looking rather then smooth if you get what i mean.
Are you using Optifine?
User avatar
104 Posts
 x 0

Post 20 Nov 2013, 00:48

b0bst3r wrote:
-- 19 Nov 2013, 22:52 --
MrSapient wrote:Download now and will post anything i find :D

Thanks for the great work HanFox!

EDIT:
Few things.
1. White item ducts .. Seem just not to fit should have a sliver or gray tint to it.
2. The dynamo have a white texture flash to them when i move around the area.
3. The ducts above dynamos just seem to be sharp looking rather then smooth if you get what i mean.
Are you using Optifine?
Yes
User avatar
BDcraft Web Admin
5167 Posts
 x 71

Post 20 Nov 2013, 00:52

@MrSapient: No idea about the white flicks. Does it happen without Optifine? Does it happen if you just use vanilla? It could be some peculiar z-fighting in the textures (which would be a mod bug -- or an Optifine issue).

@b0bst3r: I'll look at the arrows properly. I knew there'd be issues here and there considering I turned the patch around in about 17 hours (10 hours Sunday, 4 or so hours Monday night, 2-3 hours Tuesday) :P

As for conduits I agree they are a bit glaring (I like them, but I can see how they may be a bit much) so I'll just turn the white highlight down a bit. It wasn't meant to be that white anyway. It's meant to match the hardened glass like the old patches :P

I need to also realign a lot of the fronts of the old white machines.

Keep in mind everyone that a "final" is hopefully going to be pushed by TeamCoFH for Friday and may change things around (or break things) anyway.

-- Wednesday 2013-11-20 @ 00:52:13 --

Oh, also MrSapient do you mean the white ducts as in the solid ones (i.e. windowless)? I agree they're a bit boring, but I'm not sure how to do something and not get caught out by the fact the textures flip over every half block :P
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
User avatar
104 Posts
 x 0

Post 20 Nov 2013, 01:15

I will test out Optifine right now and report back ..

Ya the conduits above the dynamo are bright and sharp .. would look better smooth and darken little bit.

Yes the Solid ones on the right of the screen ..

EDIT:
Seems its optifine doing the flashing ..

Also is there anyway to clear up the red in the dynamos .. they really look blur and just not as good as they could .
User avatar
78 Posts
 x 0

Post 20 Nov 2013, 03:22

Thanks a ton HanFox; great work as usual! I especially like the style of the strongboxes.

Edit: And the fluids! Damn they look great!
Amateur dinosaur hunter and extreme weather enthusiast, whose interests include spoken mime, armchair parkour, tactical gaslighting, conspicuous ninjutsu and Schröedinger's pentameter—of which this sentence may or may not be an example.​
Post Reply