[Not a bug] Only default Font in german language [MC 1.6.4]

Archive of bug reports that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
123 Posts

Post 19 Apr 2014, 09:53

Hello there :)

Yes i know, there are two similar threads with similar probs...
But only similar (and one is locked), so i have decided to create a new bug-report.

As you can read in the Subject, i have only the default MC font if i am using the german language pack.
If i am switching to en_us, MC uses the font from sphax...
I just tried a few other languages and have discover, that this problem is true for many (not all) other languages.-
I have copied the de_DE.lang file from .mincraft to the resource, but nothing changes. I have also copied the font-files from /font tó /mspatcher/font (because this folder was empty), but this does not work to...
I also have checked, if there are any differences between the en_US-File and the de_DE (besides the language of course ;) )... but beside an other sorting, i have not found anything.

One last thing, and probably the most interssting, to notice:
I discoverer this problem first, after an update to java 7*!
Before that, in Java 6*, i did not discover this phenomena.
So it may be, that the cause is located in java... :-/

Gratings:
ChaoGirDja
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 30 Apr 2014, 13:22

It's likely that there may be a special ascii map that PureBD doesn't provide as Sphax plays in English (even though he's French) so doesn't notice when special characters are missing.

Can you give an example of another texturepack where the custom font is kept even when using German? Maybe it'll make things easier for Sphax if he's not already sure what to do.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
123 Posts

Post 13 Jun 2014, 08:10 

Sorry...
I use Spahx since i'am playing MC ^^;
(it's the best Pack i have seen so fare and had a realy great mod-support)

What relay puzzles me is, that this phenomena also occurs on other "Pirate Speach"...
And afik this don't uses any special ascii map.

But i will take a lock around, if i find any other texturepack with costume font.
But may take a wile ^^;

-- 16 May 2014, 17:41 --

So...
Sphax is not the only Texture-Pack with this Problem.
After some more playing with Packs, and Optifine of course (no, the Problem does not disappear if i'am deactivate the mod. Bean there, done that ;) *), i'am sure that i'am not seeing the default Font on German...
I don't know what Font it is, but if i'am killing the Fonts in the Pack and switching the language form German to English... the font changes. And after some more resarch i'am sure that this is the default Font.

Long speak, short meaning:
I don't think any longer, that the Problem is caused by Sphax...
But if anyone knows wathis going on... I'am listening :)

*Thakts to that, i'am know that Optifine does some other strange thinks with the Font ^^;
Gladly you can disable the Costume-Fonts in Optifine.

-- 13 Jun 2014, 08:10 --

Okay, one last Message form me to let you know:
It's NOT Sphax ore Optifine, with was the course of my Problem.
It was "the Barrel Mod" (got a fix) and "Balkon's WeaponMod" (sadly not fixed).
It took me some Time, do figure that out... (i have a lot Mods ^^; ).
I don't know, what the Weapon-Mod is messing ob... but it is messing up the Fonts badly. I know now, that even the Standard-Font is messy in German-Language.
Why not all Languages are affected... how knows. I'am not.

Because it is definitely not Sphax foult...
This Topic can be closed, or moved.