[Not a Bug] Crash with connected textures

Archive of bug reports that have been completed or locked for various other reasons.
Note: This forum is visibly hidden from users, but is still searchable and readable.
4 Posts

Post 16 Aug 2014, 14:50

I'm using Optifine and the newest version of the pack (The snapshot one), and I'm getting a crash while rendering double tall grass, because they apparently "connect" to each other.
The crash:
Show

Code: Select all

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 6
	at net.minecraft.block.BlockDoublePlant.func_149691_a(BlockDoublePlant.java:122)
	at ConnectedTextures.isNeighbour(ConnectedTextures.java:767)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTextureHorizontal(ConnectedTextures.java:812)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTexture(ConnectedTextures.java:344)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTexture(ConnectedTextures.java:219)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTextureSingle(ConnectedTextures.java:122)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTexture(ConnectedTextures.java:80)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147798_e(RenderBlocks.java:8463)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147808_b(RenderBlocks.java:6333)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147784_q(RenderBlocks.java:4710)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147722_a(RenderBlocks.java:7699)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147805_b(RenderBlocks.java:325)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.WorldRenderer.func_147892_a(WorldRenderer.java:318)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72716_a(RenderGlobal.java:2232)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1506)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78480_b(EntityRenderer.java:1299)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71411_J(Minecraft.java:989)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:887)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:134)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)

Show

Code: Select all

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
	at net.minecraft.block.BlockDoublePlant.func_149691_a(BlockDoublePlant.java:122)
	at ConnectedTextures.isNeighbour(ConnectedTextures.java:767)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTextureHorizontal(ConnectedTextures.java:812)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTexture(ConnectedTextures.java:344)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTexture(ConnectedTextures.java:219)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTextureSingle(ConnectedTextures.java:122)
	at ConnectedTextures.getConnectedTexture(ConnectedTextures.java:80)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147798_e(RenderBlocks.java:8463)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147808_b(RenderBlocks.java:6333)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147784_q(RenderBlocks.java:4710)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147722_a(RenderBlocks.java:7699)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderBlocks.func_147805_b(RenderBlocks.java:325)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.WorldRenderer.func_147892_a(WorldRenderer.java:318)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.RenderGlobal.func_72716_a(RenderGlobal.java:2232)
	at net.minecraft.client.renderer.EntityRenderer.func_78471_a(EntityRenderer.java:1506)

I did not test using the 1.7.10 resourcepack, though it might not change anything.
If you want to make sure this is happening, join the Hypixel server and play Blocking Dead, it will crash as soon as the game starts.

Also, when I disable connected textures, the crash doesn't happen. But it shouldn't happen even with the connected textures.
Using R3dCraft, with connected textures enabled, it didn't crash. Please fix it.

-- 16 Aug 2014, 14:50 --

Tested using 1.7.10 version, still crashes.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 16 Aug 2014, 21:00

What version of Optifine are you using? Can't test if it it really is broken if you don't give version numbers of Optifine and Minecraft.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 16 Aug 2014, 21:12

HanFox wrote:
What version of Optifine are you using? Can't test if it it really is broken if you don't give version numbers of Optifine and Minecraft.
Sorry, forgot to say.
Minecraft -> 1.7.10
Sphax -> M17 and/or M18 64x64
Optifine -> 1.7.10 HD U A4
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 16 Aug 2014, 21:31 

I can't replicate any issue with double tall grass, that version of MC, Optifine and those versions of the texture packs.

Does it happen in a new world? It may be that Hypixel are manipulating blocks in a weird way if that's the case that's their issue not ours. I'm unwilling to go to their server to test.

Try redownloading Optifine and also backup and remove the optionsof.txt from the minecraft folder (that's Optifine's settings) and try again.
4 Posts

Post 16 Aug 2014, 23:57

HanFox wrote:
I can't replicate any issue with double tall grass, that version of MC, Optifine and those versions of the texture packs.

Does it happen in a new world? It may be that Hypixel are manipulating blocks in a weird way if that's the case that's their issue not ours. I'm unwilling to go to their server to test.

Try redownloading Optifine and also backup and remove the optionsof.txt from the minecraft folder (that's Optifine's settings) and try again.
It's probably a OF bug, not Sphax bug, I've also sent a mail to Optifine team. This has nothing to do with the Hypixel server, I'm almost sure. I could be wrong though. I'll try removing the options and redownloading OF.

-- 16 Aug 2014, 23:57 --

Still crashing while rendering connected textures of "horizontal" blocks... Even after I re-downloaded Of and reseted it's options
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 17 Aug 2014, 00:06

Okay, well let us know if you figure it out. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be crashing for everyone though if it was an OF bug.
4 Posts

Post 17 Aug 2014, 00:20

HanFox wrote:
Okay, well let us know if you figure it out. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be crashing for everyone though if it was an OF bug.
I don't know either, because I tested all the blocks in a world, and it only crashes in Hypixel's new game. I'll try to discover more