Breaking Blocks Particle

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
11 Posts

Post 17 May 2014, 12:00

Hi All,
when u destroy a Block (for example Stone) u get some "breaking block particle" (this greyish things next to ur loot)
Is it possible to disable or atleast modify them??

Also on a side question, i love PureBD, except for the Lava, someone know any good looking (realistic) lava textures? (atleast x128)

Thanks !
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 17 May 2014, 12:15

The block breaking particles are currently entirely controlled by Minecraft itself. They're basically just bits of the texture of whatever you're breaking.

And if you want realistic textures check out the "LB Photo Realism" texturepack.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
11 Posts

Post 17 May 2014, 12:43

so there is currently no way to reduce or disable them?
Thanks, wasted like 4hours finding out how ... xD

Also for the lava, yeah i checked LB photo realism already, but didn't really liked it (even thought i am using it atm)
But like i said, i still search for something else, maybe not basically realistic but on a other hand "good looking"

For example for water is use soartex.

However i LOVE Sphax :D just changed water, lava and the sun :D
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 17 May 2014, 12:52 

I don't know if reducing the particle effects in the Options does anything to the block breaking particles. You can try, but I'd have guess you would have tried that first.

As for other textures the only other pack I've used is Misa, and I'm not even sure what the lava looks like in that any more and that's 64x anyway. So I'm not really much help there :P
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
11 Posts

Post 17 May 2014, 13:01

haha u are just like me, i ALWAYS and EVER only used Misas,
after i got a new pc (and that misa is unable to update her pack currently) brought me to Sphax, since i wanted atleast 128, if possible 256

And so i found sphax, still the best pack for me, and dunno when but, switching out textures is now really really easy, and not like back in the old days, where u hat to modify icons.png with every texture in it, which u had to copy, paste at the exact right location.

Btw sorry for my horrible english, it's obviously not my native language
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 17 May 2014, 15:46

Have you tried GrungeBDcraft?
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?