version 1.7.10

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2014, 06:19

Hey i just wanted you to know that i downloaded one of your texture packs for 1.7.10 and the file with an unexpected Trojan horse that was infected into the download file,
I just wanted to let you know that this happned so that if it is the file on the site that it can be fixed thanks.

The version of Minecraft you're using= 1.7.10

The version of the base BDcraft texturepack you've installed (or just provide the link you used)= 1.7.10 64x (vanilla minecraft)

Thanks for your time,
Fitzy :D
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 07 Jul 2014, 20:48

PureBDcraft is released as a ZIP file full of txt and png files... It don't have any virus and can't have any virus.

Moreover, BDcraft is periodicalky scanned by SiteLock services.

What AV do you have and when this alert was displayed?
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
2 Posts

Post 08 Jul 2014, 03:30

It was alerted to me by Kaspersky
123 Posts

Post 08 Jul 2014, 06:40

Actually...
Viruses can be hidden in png/bmp/etc. and of course they can be hidden an zip/rar/7z/etc.
A Virus can be actually hidden in anything.
65 Posts

Post 08 Jul 2014, 16:57

The Zip file contains no viruses at all...

Trust me I have used this texture pack for around a year and did nothing to my Laptop/PC.
I even use AVG on the laptop with no alerts and Norton on the PC with the same results. :)

Its a texture pack, why would it contain any virus? xD

Hope this helps in anyway :D
34 Posts

Post 09 Jul 2014, 06:45

Well i use a mac and there was obviously no effects for me!!! :D
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 09 Jul 2014, 06:54

@camigx, you're very naïve to believe that Macs can't get a virus. It's just less likely due to less people using Macs.

@fitzy2, as Sphax asked, are you able to state what page the virus alert appeared on? Was it after downloading the zip or before or even during? Was it definitely the zip file that was infected? Seems odd that both ESET and Kaspersky are starting to complain about viruses at the same time...
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2014, 08:15 

@fitzy2, can you download the file on another machine and scan it with any AV you can please?
Then can you make a full scan of the PC you used the first time?
If you are already infected by a virus it could be possible that it tries to infect some or all of the downloaded files you get on the machine.

On my side I will re-check all the files that czn be downloaded from BDcraft.net but I can't imagine how a virus could be there.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?