Domum Ornamentum blocks are invisible using BDCraft

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
Supporter
7 Posts

Post 16 Oct 2022, 15:06

Hello!

I'm using Minecolonies, which requires a mod called Domum Ornamentum (link). PureBDCraft used to work fine with it, but since 1.19 blocks created with this mod are invisible. They're physically there (got the highlighted edges, got the right collisions, etc), just with no texture. Since any other texture pack I try works fine, I assume it's got something to do with PureBDCraft.

Not using Optifine or anything like it.

Is anyone experiencing the same problem/found a fix?

Edit: Using the Customizer Tool from this website and selecting anything but the default wood textures fixes this problem. At least for the textures that are changeable there. The basic textures don't work with Domum Ornamentum, but somehow the customized ones are.

Edit2: I have no idea how any of this works and from looking at the BDCraft archive and the Customized BDCraft one I can only guess that it might have to do with missing information. For example in assets\minecraft\models\block\ there's no acacia_log.json in the normal BDCraft archive, but in the custom texture archive there is. Could it be a missing reference like that?
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 16 Oct 2022, 16:52

A resourcepack isn't obliged to include every single JSON file due to how Minecraft will look for "missing" files in lower resourcepacks in the activated packs list.

You might want to check with the mod author what the possible reason is. Maybe they're not expecting the blockstates / block models to be changed in any way.

The resourcepack doesn't do anything special that a mod should have issues with.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
1 Post

Post 14 Jan 2023, 12:14

I had the same issue.

I used the customizer to change the default planks to the warped ones, but I then opened the sphax texture pack zip file and went to textures/block copied all the old plank textures, and pasted them over the warped ones in the textures/block_alt folder.

This way it fixes the invisible issue and still looks the same

Hope this helps.
1 Post

Post 23 Jan 2023, 18:59

I also have this issue but couldn't really figure out a work around. Darktrine you mentioned the sphax pack, is that needed? I don't even have sphax lol.
2 Posts

Post 29 Jan 2023, 15:59

As OP said, and as someone says on the mod's github below, this only happens with bdcraft. This makes it seem that bdcraft is doing something unusual, or not doing something that all others do.
https://github.com/ldtteam/Domum-Ornamentum/issues/87
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 29 Jan 2023, 17:46

AndyBish wrote:
29 Jan 2023, 15:59
As OP said, and as someone says on the mod's github below, this only happens with bdcraft. This makes it seem that bdcraft is doing something unusual, or not doing something that all others do.
https://github.com/ldtteam/Domum-Ornamentum/issues/87
BDcraft doesn't do anything special, we can't... it's not a mod it's a resourcepack. We just use the normal Minecraft blockstates and models system. Just because the mod author has never seen it before doesn't mean it isn't happening with other packs.

When a mod has issues it's usually because they're expecting specific files to exists, or they don't take in to account that the base game can do certain things.

I assume due to it being an issue with planks - quite possibly because all of our plank blockstates are randomised with numerous models - that the mod doesn't like that. The alternates on the customiser (the warped ones) don't have that feature, so that's probably why they work okay.

If the mod author is unable to fix that, you'll just have to delete the relevant planks files from:

Code: Select all

/assets/minecraft/blockstates/
BDcraft Web Admin
6586 Posts

Post 12 Mar 2023, 18:05 

As the mod author seems disinterested in fixing the bug, and it seems like it's going to keep causing these sorts of posts on the forum I made a quick patch that will overwrite the wood planks, slabs, and stairs.

I haven't tested it with the mod, but as it's literally just the default Mojang blockstates files it should just work.
Your resourcepack screen should be:
  • Mod patches
  • This fix
  • PureBDcraft
Supporter
1 Post

Post 17 Mar 2023, 14:23

hey @Hanfox
I just had this issue, came here, saw you had the fix. Just want to confirm that your file you gave us works like a charm, it fixed it for me :) thank you
1 Post

Post 21 Mar 2023, 15:51

The fix works great, thanks! My colony looks a lot better haha
2 Posts

Post 02 Aug 2023, 14:20

It works at 1.20.1 too, Thank you.

Edit: Is it possible that you can add the Cherry Wood.