white textures, this sucks

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
8 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 03:29

About a week ago, my modded Minecraft which I run through a launcher called Voids Wrath, had about 90 mods and i had added Sphax. As of yesterday, it stopped working. If i tried loading my world with the texture pack, it would give the generic Minecraft has run out of memory report. When i remove the pack and run with the default pack, it works. After that, i tried re-installing the pack, and it didn't work still. When i loaded with the vanilla textures, and then loaded my world, i tried changing mid game, and it worked, but with missing textures. Please help. My total computer size is 47.8 gigs, and i have 25.1 free. i have tried defraging and re-installing. The default allocated memory on Voids Launcher is 2 gigs. I for some reason cant add to that, and that might be a cause.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 04:36

After time your world will use more RAM in order to operate, that means there's less RAM for the textures.

If you can't increase the amount of RAM you can give your client you'll need to use lower resolution textures.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
8 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 04:45

I use and have always used the 32x version, and that is what currently isn't working. I should have mentioned that. Any other suggestions?
123 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 13:40

Give the Game more Ram :)
It's most of the Time the Problem Nr.1: RAM
If you are using Chung-Loaders (and who, especial thus who is using Technique-Mod, don't uses them?), MC will need over Time more and more of it.
You have use more Ram... or reduces the amount of loaded Chung by Chung-Loaders.
8 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 17:13

I don't use anything like that, like ii said i have 25gigs free, but the launcher that I use (voids launcher) for some reason only has 2 gigs useable.
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 18:35 

You're confusing yourself with disk space and RAM now. Disk space has nothing to do with it.

If you only have 2GB of RAM that's not much and there's also the fact that other programs on your PC need RAM, too so you likely have less to give to Minecraft.

If you have a 64bit OS you can try installing 64bit Java (https://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 33155.html). It may help, but no promises.

Besides 64bit Java you can try closing other programs, upgrading drivers, etc.

You may just not be able to play a modpack and have a resourcepack installed. As I said before and ChaoGirDja said as worlds continue they need more resources to operate as you build more machines. Each machine uses more computer resources and some mods are terribly unoptimized.
8 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 18:45

Here's a screenshot, of all of my PC's vitals. This might help. Sorry for the confusion between hard drive and memory free. I have 25G free on my game drive (c:), 4G free memory, 4G of virtual memory (8G total mem. Screenshot shows in upper tight corner, MC is only trying to use 2G of mem. Im using winXP 32bit- cant upgrade to 64 bit im stuck with xp so I cant upgrade to w7 or w8.

Up until about 2 weeks ago, everything worked fine. now its not. I had been using Sphax for about a month before that. something is wacked, and i dont know were else to look.

Thanks for any further help, and all previos suggestions,

JSulu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 10 Jul 2014, 18:57

If you can't provide more RAM or you can't close other programs to free up any VRAM (just in case it helps, sometimes it does) then it's not going to work.

It's just how Minecraft is. It's fickle. Some people with beefy computers struggle to run what people with 5 year old PCs can run flawlessly when it comes to MC. It doesn't matter if "I used to be able to" or "it was working until last week".

You can try stripping out textures for mods you don't find that important or see if you can resize them down to 16x.
BDcraft Admin
578 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2014, 08:19

If not already done, you can delete the folder ctm/clay from the PureBDcraft ZIP file. It will free up some memory.
However, that's pretty odd that with 4G of RAM you can't run x32... You should be able to run x64.
If you like a post give it a diamond! :arrow_heading_up:
Have you tried Cubik?
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 11 Jul 2014, 15:09

It's not at all strange, Sphax. As already mentioned in the thread he only has a 32bit OS so can only give 2GB to Minecraft.

It's interesting to see that deleting the mcpatcher folder whether used or not does save RAM (if not much). It's a shame MC is so dumb.