Textures for Mods 1.5.2 in new launcher

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
4 Posts

Post 03 Aug 2013, 00:08

Hello I am trying to get textures for mods like Twilight Forest and Mo Creatures, I only been successful in getting the main texture pack to work for vanilla but not the textures for mods, I looked at some new texture for mods in 1.6.2 and they look to be placed in a folder called assets in .minecraft but when I do Twilight Forest like that, the texture still wont load in game... My question is where do I place texture for the new launcher

I placed the the textures for Twilight Forest(I made sure I extracted them) directly inside Sphax PureBDcraft 128x MC15.zip, then I placed them inside of every folder inside the .zip no luck still,
other things I did was, in .minecraft/assets/twilight forest, I made a folder called textures and moved all the textures to that folder still no luck, I got that idea from looking at Sphax Forestry 128

anyway can someone help me, im sorry if I confused you in anyway, maybe I would have to just use the old launcher for the textures to work

if anyone was wondering, for 1.5.2 in new launcher textures packs have to go in the old directory
C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\texturepacks
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 03 Aug 2013, 00:12

The structure changed between 1.5 and 1.6 and have no baring on each other at all.

You can quite happily still use the 1.5 texturepacks with the new launcher. Generally the contents of a patch just needs to be drag/dropped in to the texturepack zip in the texturepacks folder (not the resoucepacks folder which is for MC1.6+).

Most mod textures in 1.5 end up in a mods folder, but it can vary between mods.

Either way, any patches that claim they're for 1.5 should just work, if you install them correctly.

If you have issues with structure compare the texture patch structure with the actual mod jar/zip structure and see if they match up.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 03 Aug 2013, 00:31

HanFox wrote:
If you have issues with structure compare the texture patch structure with the actual mod jar/zip structure and see if they match up.
Okay I am doing that now, im not 100% sure if im doing it correctly lol, sorry
but im in twilightforest the mod .zip the textures are found in .zip/mods/twilightforest/textures they are categorize, but in the textures I want to add, theirs just a folder called twilightforest in the .zip and the textures arent categorizes like in the mod.zip should i categorizes these textures?
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 03 Aug 2013, 00:35 

If the actual texture patch textures match up you can.

I'm pretty sure there's a WIP patch for Twilight Forest on the forum that should work with 1.5 though.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
4 Posts

Post 03 Aug 2013, 01:02

Okay yea I see that now, thx for the help