ExOF addon pack texture mismatch/broken

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 19:32

Hello,

There seems to be a problem with the Tools and Armour Alternate textures when using the pack in 1.20.X, I am also using the 3D Items addon pack as well (Might be the cause, Edit: is the cause for tools)

But whenever i rename an item to Battleaxe/Warhammer or rename a Diamond Helmet to one of its many alternatives for example it displays a broken texture (pink and black checkerboard)

Image for reference
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 19:36

This happen with optifine and with CIT Resewn (using a Fabric Mod Alternative),
Using CIT Resewn the Battleaxe/Warhammer texture does not display properly even without the 3D items addon pack enabled
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 19:42

I'm unable to replicate this with preview_OptiFine_1.20.1_HD_U_I6_pre6.jar.

The Iron Axe renamed to Iron Battleaxe works correctly.

What version of OptiFine are you using exactly?
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 19:57

Optifine_1.20.1_HD_U_I5 but i think its the 3D Items addon, Let me double check again for you
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 20:05

Okay it seems Optifine (No 3D Items) Works fine.. that was my bad,
But seeing how CIT Resewn is meant to be able to read the same format (Or so it saids) and for it to not work as expected confuses me
I cant seem to find any other mod for Fabric that will do the same thing as optifine
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 20:10

Most of those Fabric mods don't quite work correctly.

I'd report it to them that it works in OptiFine, but not their mod.
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 20:14

Okay but should it work with the 3D Items addon when using optifine or is that intentional it does not work?
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 22 Nov 2023, 20:32

I would assume intentional unless you guys didn't make 3D models for the alternative item textures (Tools/Weapons)
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2023, 08:07

It's not intentional that it doesn't work with ExOF, just I haven't put the work in to even see if it can support it and probably won't. 3D item models aren't fun to work with and require too much time to create. I personally don't think they fit the aesthetic very well anyway.

The "3D Items" addon is already pretty pointless. It's only ever supported swords, and likely that's all it ever will support. Probably should be renamed "3D Swords"... :thinking:
Supporter
8 Posts

Post 23 Nov 2023, 08:25 

Ah that would make sense and yeah maybe it should be 3D Swords instead lol