Final and Complete - Resource Pack Creation Tutorail: REQUEST

Want hints or tips about creating textures or other resources? This is the place for you.
12 Posts

Post 28 Jan 2024, 23:47

Hey Guys,

I have been rumaging through the forums looking for ways to learn on how to create a resource pack for mods that still dont have it.

My line of thought is this, I would love to use done textures to create packs for mods we dont have it yet. For me it seems like something that it would make it feasible for noobs like me.

But as much as I search, while finding fragments, I cant find a comprehensible way to create one from scratch using existing textures.

At the moment the art style, and drawing new textures is not what Im looking for. Rather, a tutorial on how create one from scratch as mentioned above.

Lets say I find MOD X, and I want to use basic vanilla textures to create a sphax rosource pack for it. How do I do that? Does it need configs? Item IDS?

Could anyone help me figure this out? By either explaining like Im 5 year old, or pointing me to the right threads?

Thank you.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6623 Posts

Post 29 Jan 2024, 07:28

All you need to do is open the mod's jar file with an archive explorer (like 7zip), extract the assets folder, and try and match the structure of the textures folder with the new textures you want to use.

Then just put the assets folder alongside a pack.mcmeta and pack.png you can get from this thread (or another texture patch) and zip up those 2 files and the assets folder.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
12 Posts

Post 29 Jan 2024, 17:17

Wow. The man himself!

Thanks HanFox, I understand it now.

I also found this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/c ... _for_mods/

Which corroborates with your comment, and adds a little to it.

I am going to try this. Really appreciate the help.

Cheers.
12 Posts

Post 30 Jan 2024, 02:08

It Worked!

I Finally get it now!

I also understand now why is it so painfull to update for certain mods. Thats becouse they change the name of the same texture (seeds_sugarcane to seedSugarcane)

If they stick to its original naming, it would be much much easier to create this versions. Even if they added new textures.

Amazing. Cant wait to see how much I can change. Cheers!!!!
11 Posts

Post 03 Feb 2024, 19:05

Lil tip I found when I was doing a massive chisel convert: If all the file names have similar changes
e.g seeds_sugarcane -> seedSugarcane
seeds_pumpkin -> seedPumpkin
you can get Bulk Rename Utility (not sure if links allowed but first hit on google) and tell it "for all the files in this directory remove "s_" and boom you're done. Probably similar things for macos/unix too.
Feel free to PM if I can be of any further help :)