texture pack locked behind paywall?

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
5 Posts

Post 19 Mar 2024, 19:51

This sure has turned into Soon TM :rofl:
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
1 Post

Post 20 Mar 2024, 20:15

The EULA forbids making money off of "downloadable content", "add-ons/mods", or "parts of the game", which presumably includes skins and resource packs, as well as worlds and data packs, since you are basically just modifying the default version of the game's files, and otherwise they require the full game in order to be used.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 20 Mar 2024, 20:56

wizodin12 wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 20:15
The EULA forbids making money off of "downloadable content", "add-ons/mods", or "parts of the game", which presumably includes skins and resource packs, as well as worlds and data packs, since you are basically just modifying the default version of the game's files, and otherwise they require the full game in order to be used.
That specific part of the EULA strictly states "anything we've made". "We" being Mojang.

Their usage guidelines talk about that people may want to sell things that they create, and anyone is free to do so as long as they don't breach any of Mojang's copyrights / intellectual properties.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
1 Post

Post 22 Mar 2024, 02:58

Not tryn' to be rude or anything but like... I actually bought the bedrock texture pack years ago. I also know that it is possible to offer a payment method based on paypal which uses your IBAN and doesn't require you to use a credit card or full paypal account. I would be a bit upset having to pay twice for the same texture pack tbh, but it would be a better alternative than having to subscribe to anything. As we already have an account system on here you could maybe implement a one-time-purchase for like 15 Euro/USD allowing the account holder to always download the latest version. Another possibilty would be to link ones microsoft account to this site to proof the purchase of the bedrock version in order to download the java version as well. But I don't know how complicated that is. Just some ideas + my 2 cents.
3 Posts

Post 25 Mar 2024, 08:12

Hi everyone

So, i have a question... Are you Serious Sphax? Are you all out of your minds? i can somewhat understand the Supporter exclusive thing with the newest version. However, there is no, and i mean no reason, for the versions of Sphax for Minecraft Beta to be behind a paywall. i dont know when you all became so greedy, but it really hurts the image of Sphax, the once most used Texturepack of all time. I was a long time fan of this Resourcepack. But with how things are going right now. i will never download a Resourcepack from you again. It's such a shame how low Sphax has fallen. also its been almost a Year. Just release the Java edition of the newest version. You all know Microsoft isn't going to do anything anytime soon.

well thats that
4 Posts

Post 25 Mar 2024, 08:19

It's just ridiculous to not open the Java Edition pack for everyone because it's completly different and has nothing to do with the Bedrock Edition.
It will in no way make the Java Edition better for the customers (end users)!

It's further a clearly statement against the users of Sphax BDCraft to not release the Pack for Java Version and delete all Forum entries made by users, concerning the release being delayed.

Releasing the pack for Java Edition and Bedrock in general at the same time to end users is a good idea, but not to supporters only and specially not to everyone at, least 6 months later!
3 Posts

Post 25 Mar 2024, 08:27

addinozzo91 wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 08:19
It's just ridiculous to not open the Java Edition pack for everyone because it's completly different and has nothing to do with the Bedrock Edition.

It's further a clearly statement against the users of Sphax BDCraft to not release the Pack for Java Version and delete all Forum entries made by users, concerning the release being delayed.

Releasing the pack for Java Edition and Bedrock in general at the same time to end users is a good idea, but not to supporters only and specially not to everyone at, least 6 months later!
Yes exactly. But the part that i really dont understand is, that that they even put the versins for Minecraft Beta 1.6 to Beta 1.9 behind a paywall.
15 Posts

Post 05 Apr 2024, 14:51

I am supremely unpleasantly suprised to come back to minecraft many months after the last update and still find my forever favorite texture pack locked behind a paywall. I get that the creators need to eat. But I already payed to be a supporter some times in the past when I had more money to spare...
The early download payment system seemed fine to me, either that or just make it a one time purchase.

It can't be that I have to spend more money on a texturepack than on the game itself, so what is up with that?
From what I have gathered by looking through what has been posted this whole situation seems supremely unreasonable to me. That and VERY disappointing.

You creators ain't gonna maintain a steady flow of income long term by driving away all the people that still cherish this pack.
There are other packs out there and I find myself once again, after literally over a decade, considering permanently switching away from this pack, and judging from the sentiment I see here I am not the only one.
123 Posts

Post 05 Apr 2024, 16:18

Nostalgielp wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 08:12
i can somewhat understand the Supporter exclusive thing with the newest version. However, there is no, and i mean no reason, for the versions of Sphax for Minecraft Beta to be behind a paywall.
addinozzo91 wrote:
25 Mar 2024, 08:19
What the hell are you talking About?
MC-Beta is an Luncher...
You launch an MC-Version form there. If you lunch an Bedrock-Version... well yes then you have to Pay for Spax.
If you start an Java-Version, then not. The latest Version is 1.20.4 and you can DL an Version vor this for free.

Just go to Download, Mark Minecraft Java, chose the Variant you want, Mark 1.20, Chose your Resolution and hit Download. Voila!
2 Posts

Post 05 Apr 2024, 18:18

Its funny how HanFox told us in March 12, that it will only take 1-2 weeks and we "finally" will launch it for everyone. Its been almost a Month, since then nothing changed. At this point I get convinced, that you guys play the long game and hope that more people get desperate and just buy the supporter rang. Otherwise why you dont update us on the current situation and just tell, that Microsoft bamboozled you and yall sorry for the misinformation and the delay AGAIN. It would be better than not say anything or just beef with the people here that are saying yall have no right to do so and have to give the pack now.