[128x - 32x] Ad Astra [MC1.20]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Patch Creator
769 Posts

Post 22 Dec 2023, 05:57

I am not wanting to contradict Lord_Skarra, and I highly commend his work!
I have updated this mod to 1.20 and have finished the remaining textures so it can be move to 'Releases for Mods'. I have also made patches for 64x and 32x - which are of course not advisable but with proper down-scaling are still playable!
Any donations go directly to myself. I am not affiliated with BDcraft.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 18 Jan 2024, 01:24

Final work completed on the 1.19.2 Version of the pack.
Took some of the 1.20 stuff, moved it into the 1.19.x version.

Why did i leave some stuff as 1.19.x

Most of these textures were hand made by me. Engines,Fuel Tanks, Metal Pillars, Rocket Tier Design.

Those Tanks from the 1.19.x for instance were hand made. The Fuel rods in the 1.20 didn't look right for me.
I didn't want to use more Galaticraft Textures, but due to constant people wanting it to be done. It was just added for the rest of the rocket parts.
I was going to create full textures for all machines, but this is what is happening. Again. If I had the time to work on it, unlike everyone else complaining about 1.20 and just using my WIP pack and just finishing it. That woulda been a different story. But you guys don't realize we don't get paid for this stuff. It was our time working on this. If i had the time (and wasn't entirely bugged), i woulda finished the pack.

I don't like how people can just take peoples work, and just finish and say its done... when that pack addon creator is STILL working on it...

I will say PlatinumPunch did a good job for alot of the stuff. I do approve the Tier Rockets, and most of the work on Mushroom Textures.
I will say I'm not happy with PureBDCraft Team for just Approving this, without my Knowledge... When i was in the middle of working on it.
I will say, that if anyone wants to move this to 1.20 or above... you are allowed to... but as far as i knew. Ad Astra Mod is not going to even keep these textures. As Far as i knew, 1.20 wasn't even going to happen, they were going to remake the whole mod... but they delayed it while i was in the middle of the pack work for 1.19.2.

This is the final draft, because honestly i'm done working on it. The ending did not make me happy at all.
You all have a wonderful day... and stop rushing people when they are working on stuff.
Patch Creator
769 Posts

Post 18 Jan 2024, 03:09

Lord_Skarra wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 01:24
This is the final draft, because honestly i'm done working on it. The ending did not make me happy at all.
You all have a wonderful day... and stop rushing people when they are working on stuff.

Thanks for the message Skarra.

For your information, I have almost single-handedly been working texturing mods apart of All The Mods 9. This modpack is version 1.20. The BDCraft modding community is small and unfortunately it is what it is. However, from time-to-time other people release something. This includes yourself, Llama Farmer, Trick6, etc. This makes me - someone who puts in a lot of work - very happy. It takes work off my shoulders and provides more textures for fans of BDCraft.

Skarra, as I said in my previous message, I really like your work. You did a great job on your textures of 1.19 of Ad Astra. One caveat of your release was not wanting to update the patch to 1.20 (As you don't play it, and in your eyes, the textures would all change). My 'self-inflicted job' in its entirety is to update mods to 1.20 insofar that there are the least number of default textures in-game. Since I received no message and you made no such announcement on the Discord or on this thread for a potential update, how could I possibly know or ought to have known that such update would arise from you.

It's not that I want to takeover your work; on the contrary. I prefer when other people texture because it means I have more time to do other mods! Moreover, unfortunately artists sometimes poke their heads in and release WIPs (Ars Nouveau to name one) but disappear. This means that quite often mods are left barely touched for eons. Because of this, the active members of the community often have to step-up and takeover. Even I have done this in Twilight Forest.

I like your textures. I reasonably believed you would not update them to 1.20. I am not rushing you, I am merely helping you by updating. this is a modding community - we work together. If you want total control of the thread, please let us know, I am sure we will all be happy to oblige.

Incidentally, I am not a paid member of the BDCraft team, I am merely a helper and patch creator. The BDCraft team cannot possibly be to blame, HanFox has given me autonomy in the mod patches area - and so I can be deemed fully responsible.

What would you personally like to achieve from here? I am more than happy to update the 1.20 patch to include more of your own textures.

Cheers,
PlatinumPunch
Any donations go directly to myself. I am not affiliated with BDcraft.
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 18 Jan 2024, 08:24

PlatinumPunch wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 03:09
Lord_Skarra wrote:

For your information, I have almost single-handedly been working texturing mods apart of All The Mods 9. This modpack is version 1.20. The BDCraft modding community is small and unfortunately it is what it is. However, from time-to-time other people release something. This includes yourself, Llama Farmer, Trick6, etc. This makes me - someone who puts in a lot of work - very happy. It takes work off my shoulders and provides more textures for fans of BDCraft.

Skarra, as I said in my previous message, I really like your work. You did a great job on your textures of 1.19 of Ad Astra. One caveat of your release was not wanting to update the patch to 1.20 (As you don't play it, and in your eyes, the textures would all change). My 'self-inflicted job' in its entirety is to update mods to 1.20 insofar that there are the least number of default textures in-game. Since I received no message and you made no such announcement on the Discord or on this thread for a potential update, how could I possibly know or ought to have known that such update would arise from you.

It's not that I want to takeover your work; on the contrary. I prefer when other people texture because it means I have more time to do other mods! Moreover, unfortunately artists sometimes poke their heads in and release WIPs (Ars Nouveau to name one) but disappear. This means that quite often mods are left barely touched for eons. Because of this, the active members of the community often have to step-up and takeover. Even I have done this in Twilight Forest.

I like your textures. I reasonably believed you would not update them to 1.20. I am not rushing you, I am merely helping you by updating. this is a modding community - we work together. If you want total control of the thread, please let us know, I am sure we will all be happy to oblige.

Incidentally, I am not a paid member of the BDCraft team, I am merely a helper and patch creator. The BDCraft team cannot possibly be to blame, HanFox has given me autonomy in the mod patches area - and so I can be deemed fully responsible.

What would you personally like to achieve from here? I am more than happy to update the 1.20 patch to include more of your own textures.

Cheers,
PlatinumPunch
I don't have a problem with you updating a pack.

I have a problem with the fact people can just jump on WIP packs, and make content for them, while the original WIP Creator was in the middle of updating them, and the patch was still in WIP.

If the patch was released/finished. I Probably wouldn't have cared. Since it woulda been done. But due to the 1.20 update basically pushing this into released with textures i hadn't even seen yet. My entire WIP pack was basically cancelled.
If it had been a year or more... I understand finishing a WIP pack. But it hasn't been.

While you also pushed it into released, you changed textures such as the Fuel Tank that i spent time crafting together with images and baseing it off the actual mod. I don't change textures when working on WIP packs, i only push a update onto the comment section with fixed objects... such as My Mekanism Energy Cell Fix for Mekanism. But i don't overwrite the page itself. I leave it in the comments for the actual WIP mod creator to see and use, or the BDCraft team to publish on the WIP Mod Page.

The Ad Astra team wasn't going to use the old Blocks and Models as far as i was aware. This is why i kept saying they weren't going to be using the textures.

As far as i was aware at the time, Ad Astra wasn't being put on 1.20. In comment sections i litterly wrote that they are redoing the mod, i had no idea at all... they even made a 1.20 version of the mod.

I don't use discord... half the time, and even if i did, you never msged me personally asking me about it... be like hey can i work on this? Etc? No comment on this comment forum even asking hey can i work on this? I got no msg whatsoever except a random email that said you had just pushed the thing into released on my gmail notification of the patch.

Either way, this has made me not want to even make new packs public that i work on for PureBDCraft. It has serisouly made me question why did i make a pack, when someone was just going to take it over while... in progress...

Like i said, i'm done working on it. Someone do whatever they want with it. if you wanna push it to 1.20 or 1.21 or beyond feel free.
Most of the assets were custom built using Paint 3D, the others were used by Galaticraft, PureBDCraft 1.19.2 Pack.
Supporter
3 Posts

Post 18 Jan 2024, 13:43

Lord_Skarra wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 08:24
PlatinumPunch wrote:
18 Jan 2024, 03:09
Lord_Skarra wrote:

Cheers,
PlatinumPunch
I don't have a problem with you updating a pack.

I have a problem with the fact people can just jump on WIP packs, and make content for them, while the original WIP Creator was in the middle of updating them, and the patch was still in WIP.

If the patch was released/finished. I Probably wouldn't have cared. Since it woulda been done. But due to the 1.20 update basically pushing this into released with textures i hadn't even seen yet. My entire WIP pack was basically cancelled.
If it had been a year or more... I understand finishing a WIP pack. But it hasn't been.

While you also pushed it into released, you changed textures such as the Fuel Tank that i spent time crafting together with images and baseing it off the actual mod. I don't change textures when working on WIP packs, i only push a update onto the comment section with fixed objects... such as My Mekanism Energy Cell Fix for Mekanism. But i don't overwrite the page itself. I leave it in the comments for the actual WIP mod creator to see and use, or the BDCraft team to publish on the WIP Mod Page.

The Ad Astra team wasn't going to use the old Blocks and Models as far as i was aware. This is why i kept saying they weren't going to be using the textures.

As far as i was aware at the time, Ad Astra wasn't being put on 1.20. In comment sections i litterly wrote that they are redoing the mod, i had no idea at all... they even made a 1.20 version of the mod.

I don't use discord... half the time, and even if i did, you never msged me personally asking me about it... be like hey can i work on this? Etc? No comment on this comment forum even asking hey can i work on this? I got no msg whatsoever except a random email that said you had just pushed the thing into released on my gmail notification of the patch.

Either way, this has made me not want to even make new packs public that i work on for PureBDCraft. It has serisouly made me question why did i make a pack, when someone was just going to take it over while... in progress...

Like i said, i'm done working on it. Someone do whatever they want with it. if you wanna push it to 1.20 or 1.21 or beyond feel free.
Most of the assets were custom built using Paint 3D, the others were used by Galaticraft, PureBDCraft 1.19.2 Pack.
I don't see the problem here. How were you working on it but didn't know a 1.20 update existed? Why are you upset if you were going to have to make new textures anyways? If you had planned to still work on it for their new mod, that is. The community appreciates your work for Ad Astra 1.19. I think PlatinumPunch has just been trying to do as much as they can for the community by updating popular/widely used mods. You're both appreciated by the community. You shouldn't quit making patches because someone made a patch for something you didn't even know existed. That's a waste of your creative talent and the community will suffer for it, me included. I understand your frustrations but I don't think you should treat this as an attack on you and your hard work. I'm sure any textures you were working on, PlatinumPunch would probably add them to the 1.20 patch or bring back the ones you think should've stayed. I've used your work for years. Your Ad Astra patch got me excited, especially because we don't see patches for new mods as often. I wouldn't even touch the Mekanism mod without your patch lmao. The work both of you do is so vital, especially to keeping BDCraft alive. Please reconsider!
-Keenan
Lifetime Supporter
29 Posts

Post 18 Feb 2024, 14:54

Your message contains too few characters.

Love this msg... just delete the msg? forum? why is there no delete button?
3 Posts

Post 26 Mar 2024, 08:53

1.19.2 Link is dead