[512x - 32x] Quartz 'n' Steel [MC1.6]

Post a new thread here if you've made a BDcraft styled complete patch to fully support a Minecraft mod.
Patch Creator
342 Posts

Post 08 Dec 2013, 16:11

Although in real life striking a quartz crystal on a piece of steel is just as effective as flint on steel (for making sparks), there seems to be no plan to implement a quartz and steel striker, possibly because gravel (thus, flint) is more common than nether quartz, so it is cheaper to use flint anyway. -Minecraft Wiki
Screw that.
This mod adds a new item, quartz and steel, and a new block, overworld quartz ore.

Downloads

MC v1.6
Show

Preview

Show

Changelog

Show
#Initial release
Last edited by Llama Farmer on 01 Feb 2014, 17:01, edited 3 times in total.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
16 Posts

Post 09 Dec 2013, 15:04

Awesome job! I like that you retextured vanilla quartz so it doesn't look like it's from the Nether.
Patch Creator
342 Posts

Post 09 Dec 2013, 15:22

baddaspig wrote:
Awesome job! I like that you retextured vanilla quartz so it doesn't look like it's from the Nether.
Thanks man, I thought it was kinda necessary. I'll also get some screenies up soon, I'm just having a little trouble with Minecraft at the moment (also got school work to do), but they should be up by Wednesday. :)
6 Posts

Post 07 Aug 2014, 02:51

Could you make a black quartz resource? id' like the smoky quartz from thaumic tinker to fit with your new quartz, awesome work, by the way