[128x - 64x] Lord of the Rings [MC1.6 - 1.7]

Share your unfinished mod patches and get feedback on your progress. Don't be shy!

Do not post mod pack patches here.
20 Posts

Post 11 Mar 2014, 00:33

Hachiseiko wrote:
jurn77 wrote:
Hi guys, I wanted to say that this work you're doing is awesome. I wanted a resource pack patch for this mod since i first played. My only suggestion, or request is if you could possibly release some of the Evil skins in your next update. I play on a server where I almost exclusively see Orcs, Trolls, etc. (in my faction) and that would be much appreciated.

Thanks and great job.

Jurn
When I'm done with my patch for Chococraft I'll get right on that! ^^ I was about to start working on the orc and the uruk hai but I got a bit tired with working on this mod... I'll get back to it soon though! C: Look forward to it!
Awesome! I've bookmarked and will be following the progress. Thank you for the quick response!
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
100 Posts

Post 12 Mar 2014, 14:52

Grumpy grumpy trolls...

Want me to work on a specific mod?
I'd love to hear your suggestions! :love:
20 Posts

Post 12 Mar 2014, 18:17

Great job! They look awesome

-- 12 Mar 2014, 20:17 --

Great job! They look awesome
100 Posts

Post 12 Mar 2014, 22:19

Another WIP picture before I go to bed!

Will work on the clothes tomorrow!

20 Posts

Post 13 Mar 2014, 00:28

Those are great, such detail! Again I appreciate your work sir
100 Posts

Post 13 Mar 2014, 06:06

Oh, such flattery :love: Thank you! C:
20 Posts

Post 13 Mar 2014, 06:58

All well deserved!

I had another question, regarding skins. I'm just wondering because you obviously are well-experienced, and I am not. I'm curious if it's possible to do variants of the skins included in the mod. For example, considering Goblins are not yet featured - I was thinking how cool it would be to see a variant of an Orc resembling a Goblin from the Misty Mountains (Moria or Goblin-Town for example) I'm just generally wondering if it's possible, not requesting for you to do it as you already have your hands full and I don't want to catch you up in anything more.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and any info you can give me on the subject! I will keep following your awesome updates.

Jurn
100 Posts

Post 13 Mar 2014, 08:54

I'm afraid I don't think that's possible.

That would require at least one new mesh (3D model) and you'd have to program the new mobs into the game. For example you'd have to program them to spawn at specific places in Middle earth. Otherwise they wouldn't spawn, just like zombies and skeletons. (Just my guess though)

I DO know of quite a cute goblin mod though. But as I said, I don't think they'll spawn in Middle earth.
Link: https://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/747 ... -and-more/
20 Posts

Post 13 Mar 2014, 09:03

Thanks for the info, but I did not mean a new mob but rather just a different skin for an Orc, maybe through resource packs (such as spax) and if it was possible to add multiple different/new skins for a given mob. If it was,.I meant by my example that a Goblin skin for a regular Orc could be added through this method.

To your recommendation, thanks however ive played with that mod before but I tend to play strictly on a server which only uses LOTR mod. It is of no concern if you do not know exactly what I mean. Apologize for any spelling mistakes as I am using my phone to type this.

-- 13 Mar 2014, 11:03 --

Thanks for the info, but I did not mean a new mob but rather just a different skin for an Orc, maybe through resource packs (such as spax) and if it was possible to add multiple different/new skins for a given mob. If it was,.I meant by my example that a Goblin skin for a regular Orc could be added through this method.

To your recommendation, thanks however ive played with that mod before but I tend to play strictly on a server which only uses LOTR mod. It is of no concern if you do not know exactly what I mean. Apologize for any spelling mistakes as I am using my phone to type this.
100 Posts

Post 13 Mar 2014, 09:14

Yeah, I get it, but even just adding an alternative for the skin would require programming. It would be cool though. I think it's a great shame that there is only ONE orc and ONE uruk hai considering how many versions of the good mobs there are