[64x] Feed the Beast: HatPack [MC1.6 - 1.7]

Tekkit? Feed the Beast? All texture compilations (work in progress and full releases) for mod packs.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 02 Apr 2014, 03:37

Villager skin is a relatively annoying April Fools by Mojang. It should go back to normal in a few hours.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
1 Post

Post 07 Apr 2014, 14:54

Hello
I've got a problem, when I try to extract the 128x patch zip file, it shows this.

"Unable to expand "SphaxPureBDcraft128xHatPackPatch.zip" into "Desktop".
(Error 21 - Is a directory.)"

I'm running it on a Mac however the 32x Patch zip file worked fine. Is it a common problem or is just me , and as my friends call it, "Mac Problemzz".
Thanks!
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 07 Apr 2014, 16:35

Ick, Mac :P Anyway, quick Google search: https://discussions.apple.com/message/18424398
Last edited by HanFox on 07 Apr 2014, 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed the link :\
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 01:47

I'm having an issue. I downloaded both sphax and the hatpack patch. combined them in winrar. But when I go to switch to the pack in game it just sits there for a bit and then goes back to default.

When I try sphax without the hatpack patch, it works fine. Its not a ram issue as I have plenty. So I dont know what is up.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 06:48

@troomc4 As has been discussed several times, this is a case of not enough RAM, whether it's VRAM or System RAM. Assuming you actually have enough system memory, your VRAM is entirely separate and your only option is to use a lower resolution.

Saying "I have plenty" doesn't tell us anything... Your version of plenty may not be enough... Using the 128x version of this pack, can use anywhere from 6 - 12 gigs of RAM, depending on your hardware setup.
2 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 16:06

@Aedaeum Yeah sorry. I should have elaborated a bit more. It's my bad man. It was late.

So the laptop is an Asus G750JM with 12gb DDR3 memory. A NVIDIA GTX 860M with 2gb of dedicated DDR5 memory.

I had it working on 128 just fine a few days ago. But then it randomly would not launch the game. So I got rid of FTB and redownloaded it along with Hatpack. That is when the issue started, and it wouldnt select the texture pack and would go back to default. I was able to get 64x to work just fine.

Ijust found it strange that 128x would work fine one day and then not at all the next.

Edit: So I went into the NVIDIA control panel and added the C:\Program Files\Java\javaw.exe file and set it to the high performance nvidia processor. Working just fine now. Also set in the launcher options to 8gb of ram.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 18 Apr 2014, 20:51

@troomc4 Good man, 8 gigs is definitely necessary for this patch pack, especially on a laptop :)
5 Posts

Post 19 Apr 2014, 00:17

Just chiming in, but, I told someone on another forum I was having trouble with their modpack and when he asked how much RAM I had allocated, I said 16GB of my 32 available and he said it was WAAAAAY overkill. But, I don't seem to have any trouble and he said too much can be as bad as not enough.
Former Staff
1033 Posts

Post 19 Apr 2014, 00:23

@MrJon There's no such thing as too much... If you have RAM to spare, then there's no reason not to go all out. Oddly enough, more RAM can even reduce lag, which is usually attributed to graphic processing power.... I can only assume this is because of the way Minecraft is horribly written haha.

That being said, you should avoid using more then half your RAM for anything... Since you have 32, it's not a big deal.
Patch Contributor
442 Posts

Post 17 May 2014, 20:12

Ya Aedaeum - MC is horribly written!...could you re-write it in a proper code like C# or something? ;)