Mod Patch Pathing ATLauncher

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
1 Post

Post 15 Feb 2015, 02:13

Dear creative hive mind,

I am currently working on a private mod patch for Lycanite's Mobs, and I am having trouble getting it to work. It is much easier to do this with the normal minecraft launcher and setup, but as I am currently using the Crackpack modpack from ATLauncher, it is quite complicated it seems.
I never understood how you guys figured out how to make the mod find the resources. The way I usually do it is by copying the mod .jar file and removing everything that isn't a texture and extracting what is left.

The way I have the patch set up currently looks like this:
Show
resourcepacks - Sphax PureBDcraft - assets - lycanitesmobs - assets - "all the 12 texture folders"

What I can gather from cross-examining the different patch folders, most other mods start with "textures" instead of "assets", but then again so do most mod jar-files (unlike Lycanite's Mobs).

Please enlighten me, oh wise texture gods, how do you make your own mod patches for ATLauncher work?
I would be very, very grateful for your help! :love:

P.S
I will most likely not share the patch, because I am not that good. I mostly mix and match textures :)
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 15 Feb 2015, 03:08 

But the structure isn't what you've said it's:

e.g. /assets/articmobs/textures/...

The above iterates all of the submods.

Then again you didn't say what version of the mod or version of the modpacks you're using is so this is just based off of the structure of the latest stable on from the mod's website.

If you do really open the mods and get their structure and delete the stuff you don't need I'm not sure how you can get it wrong.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin