Everything is Black and I'm getting 2fps (128x FTB Infinity)

General help with our resourcepacks, our website, or Minecraft - including mods.
2 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2015, 04:59

I installed the texture patch just like the directions said, and I have always used Sphax packs for my modded gameplay, so I know how to get them working. I was trying to play with the 128x FTB Infinity pack, but all a get are black blocks and 1-2 fps. I have never had a problem like this before, and I was wondering if anyone had experienced anything like this in the past and had any tips for fixing it. I know that the general rule is more RAM, but that doesn't seem to fix it. I have 16gb and have allocated 8 to the game. It has been using 6-7 constantly, but even on the lowest settings I can't get above 2 frames.

Specs:
i5 4670k @ 3.4ghz
GTX 760 2GB
16 GB DDR3 RAM
MSI Z97 G45 Gaming Mobo
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 20 Feb 2015, 12:55 

Apparently modpack patches have had lots of issues in MC1.7.

You can try installing Optifine and/or trying 64x.

Besides that you can try removing patches from the pack and seeing if the issue persists. It may just be one mod patch at fault.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
2 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2015, 07:20

I was able to get the 64 working just fine, so I guess I might have overestimated my computers power. I play vanilla with a 512x and shaders fine, so I didn't think this pack would be a problem. I guess I am wrong. I'll see if there are any specific mods that seem to be problematic, but so far I haven't noticed anything like that.

-- 20 Feb 2015, 23:20 --

It seems to be that the problem is with the default block textures. There is something happening where default minecraft blocks, and the blocks that use the default textures are all black, and I think that may be causing the problem.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2015, 13:18

Well that's likely due to the main pack being quite heavy. It does have a lot of textures in it. There's another 800 or so added if you're using Optifine, too, due to connected textures.

If you are using Optifine you can try and delete /assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/ctm/clay and see if it helps.

If not, and it very much looks like you're having VideoRAM issue, all you can do is use lower resolution textures.
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin