texture pack locked behind paywall?

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
1 Post

Post 29 Jan 2024, 21:25

There is a point where Microsoft's lack of approval shouldn't hold you back from releasing it as you normally do. A year is, frankly, well past that point.

Moves like these are generally pretty bad looks, and do speak of a level of greed, in the long run. You can find evidence of this in the Skyrim and Fallout modding communities and the release of mods on the Creation Club and NexusMods or Steam Workshop. Months of lost free advertising for your texture pack in the various channels of content creation. People move on, they get used to a new pack and they don't think to go back and check and see if this one finally released for free.

As someone who has been playing Minecraft since the beginning, the landscape of texture packs is sad to see. Was a time when people released them to share with the community and now it's just another business.

Plenty of other packs released without forcing their issues with Microsoft on their communities. Perhaps if you had chosen to simply share your problems with Microsoft instead of forcing them you would have gotten a bit more support from the community. More flies with honey and all that.

As it stands, many of those users have probably moved on to other packs and chosen not worry about checking if you've resolved your issues with Microsoft.
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Supporter
2 Posts

Post 04 Feb 2024, 16:31

Any idea of a timeline for bedrock release?
Supporter
1 Post

Post 06 Feb 2024, 04:21

... I picked a bad time to buy supported status huh...
1 Post

Post 07 Feb 2024, 18:19

why do i have to become a supporter to be able to download the PureBDcraft texture pack. i never had to be a supporter before
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 07 Feb 2024, 18:36

Connor97 wrote:
07 Feb 2024, 18:19
why do i have to become a supporter to be able to download the PureBDcraft texture pack. i never had to be a supporter before
I've merged your post to save a whole new thread about updates.

Take a look at my previous posts about the situation here: viewtopic.php?p=47410#p47410
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
1 Post

Post 08 Feb 2024, 20:05

I'm disappointed
3 Posts

Post 14 Feb 2024, 14:54

What does bedrock and java have to do with each other?
I don't care for the bedrock edition and dont play it often but i bought that version of purebdcraft.

I feel like something else is goin on here.
2 Posts

Post 16 Feb 2024, 02:58

Any updates on this? It's been quite a while and having giant fruits and veggies in my hands sucks on Bedrock haha.
1 Post

Post 16 Feb 2024, 19:12

Happy One Year Anniversary to this thread y'all :)
1 Post

Post 17 Feb 2024, 01:15

HanFox wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 20:19
LiftVacuum wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 19:40
We're just as frustrated as you that the delay has been so long. The first post of this thread does state what the issue is and it's "technically" Microsoft's fault, otherwise we'd have released months ago to everyone.

We have no way of verifying Bedrock purchases, so we can't do any "linking". Not that a single lifetime purchase on the marketplace quite equates to a yearly Supporter on the website :sweat_smile: (but yes, we understand things are difficult for people, and in some countries €12 is basically a luxury purchase).

I'm not sure I said it in this thread, or on Discord, but the message on the Downloads page could be clearer, and should be. It's on me to update it... which I've done now.

To avoid me repeating what I've said previously you can read these other posts by me:
viewtopic.php?p=47255#p47255
viewtopic.php?p=47265#p47265

Gladly we have a little bit of good news, the PureBDcraft (and technically VanillaBDcraft) have been approved by Microsoft (albeit VanillaBDcraft needs a few easy fixes), we're just waiting to make sure they follow through on their promise of transferring the ratings to the new marketplace items, and that everyone who has already purchased them on the Marketplace gets the new items for free. Sadly though, like a lot of tech companies, Microsoft are basically entirely absent over this holiday period, so we're hoping in the new year it'll all get released; both Bedrock and Java.

I doubt this sates anyone's disappointment, but at least it's some sort of progress... :confused:
I understand that the team is also frustrated, just as many fans are frustrated. I also understand the supporter status and think it's a great thing.

What I absolutely don't understand is what the Java version has to do with the Bedrock version, or why the release of the Java version has to do with the release of the Bedrock version.
I've been an absolute PureBDCraft fan since Beta 1.7 and I love it, but now I'm looking around for other resource packs, simply because I'm disappointed.

As I said, I understand the supporter status, but not the fact that you wait for the Bedrock version to be released before releasing the Java version. For me these are two different Minecraft variants that have nothing to do with each other.