texture pack locked behind paywall?

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
1 Post

Post 18 Feb 2024, 12:10

After seven months you could just release the JAVA version because so far i dont see it happening that the Bedrock version gets the pass
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
4 Posts

Post 19 Feb 2024, 01:30

Bedrock version buyer here. While I have plenty of other games to play in the meantime, I think I'm going to start bothering microsoft daily starting tonight about it. If indeed this excessively delayed release is their responsibility, technically they are denying me access to parts of a purchased product that I aquired, which is tied with their system/responsibiliy. I'm not fuming about the situation, however having some casual fun bugging them about it should get me some answers.

As for the entitled free Java users, I ask again for the creators to please just release the free version so the rest of us don't have to hear the complaining anymore from the java users. Many say they are moving on to other texture packs, however I'm still seeing many of those version users still complain about when their FREE version is coming. Oddly enough the most frustrating thing is the userbase that doesn't pay anything is the loudest on the matter.
Supporter
2 Posts

Post 21 Feb 2024, 17:20

As a supporter is there a way to download the updated pack for bedrock as opposed to the marketplace?
1 Post

Post 22 Feb 2024, 23:54

Any updates on when this is coming to the public for Java? I don't want to seem impatient, and I know the usual reply is "become a supporter" and I would love to, but my facilitator says I am not allowed to do that anymore... Just wondering how long temporary is?
5 Posts

Post 23 Feb 2024, 11:45

Ladymoo470 wrote:
22 Feb 2024, 23:54
Any updates on when this is coming to the public for Java? I don't want to seem impatient, and I know the usual reply is "become a supporter" and I would love to, but my facilitator says I am not allowed to do that anymore... Just wondering how long temporary is?
They always said "after bedrock is released", and that's up to MS and at this point it almost looks like it wont be accepted by MS, or not any time soon and just locking down the java version "just because" at this point seems pointless.

If they had came out and said something like java version from now on is supporter only, that would be another situation and discussion, but at this point I don`t get why it should wait for bedrock.

It is now 7months since it was released to supporters only, so its been on MS table for 7months and they still have not approved the bedrock version.
2 Posts

Post 25 Feb 2024, 14:13

Hey, I dont want to sound egoistic, but why do Java users have to suffer, just because bedrock users have issues? Its been seven months that the 1.20 version was released and since then its not possible to get the texturepack and now youre saying that the Java users will have to wait for a miracle. So please, rather you say you will only provide the texture pack for supporters or you release the Java Version without weak excuses like "we need to wait for bedrock" No one cares about the bedrock version at this point. These two versions have nothing to do with each other. Its not fair to let Java users wait till the worse version of the game gets a pass from Microsoft.
1 Post

Post 27 Feb 2024, 21:58

As an individual who used PureBDCraft in the early 2010s, I recently came back to download it to my new pc and can only download it if I pay $12? It used to be free and is one of the only texture packs that costs money. Genuinely makes no sense to me and if I'm incorrect on it costing money now please let me know.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 27 Feb 2024, 22:14

It's a temporary Supporter exclusive. We hope to be able to make it available to everyone soon :fingers_crossed:
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
1 Post

Post 28 Feb 2024, 17:51

So, its been a while since I was here without an account. Made one to express my opinions on waiting nearly 7 to 8 months at this point since the news of 1.20's PBDC pack was put as Supporter only.

I love this pack, I really do, but with it being locked due to MS not wanting to put the updated pack on Bedrock and the Java users (I play both thanks to my partner having only the Bedrock version and not the Java edition) needing to suffer because of it is sort of... well its not right. I have PureBDCraft on Bedrock and used to run it all the time on Java with each update to the game itself. But locking Java edition to being Supporter only for nearly 8 months, to me, just feels just a little bit greedy. At this point you should just unlock the access since MS has not accepted the pack yet. As a commentor a few posts back has asked; "Why should the Java users suffer when the Bedrock version has not been accepted?" And I bet the question has been repeated multiple times at this point and just shows how much people who play with this pack really like it but cannot accept this lock thanks to a more limited version of the game
4 Posts

Post 02 Mar 2024, 22:52

Appaxolot wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 14:13
Hey, I dont want to sound egoistic, but why do Java users have to suffer, just because bedrock users have issues?
Because people say things like this:
Appaxolot wrote:
25 Feb 2024, 14:13
No one cares about the bedrock version at this point. Its not fair to let Java users wait till the worse version of the game gets a pass from Microsoft.
The worse version?...ok.

When FREE updates come out for FREE versions of game content, I'm always impressed at the entitlement & lack of respect which really showcases with some people. Broadcasting a "me, me, me, screw everyone else" mentality isn't going to get a person anywhere with devs or those in charge in pretty much any situation in life. It's still quite funny actually how the free java users are up in arms compared to alot of how the bedrock users are handling it, given only one of those two groups paid for it. A reminder, you CAN use a different FREE texture pack if it bothers you that much.