texture pack locked behind paywall?

Share things or chat about other subjects that don't fit in to the other forums.
4 Posts

Post 30 Dec 2023, 13:53

Not sure how this is going to come across since English isn't my first language so apologies in advanced if this sounds rude, it is not the intention...

Is there a possibility of doing a 1x month payment instead of 1x year when trying to become a supporter? I believe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread already but for some of us (with currency conversion rates) 12EUR is rather a lot of money.

I personally (and I suspect a fair amount of others as well) don't need access to a download button for a year at a time since generally it will be used once and then maybe whenever there's a new MC Java version out that adds items not covered by the previous version of texture pack.

If there's an option for a 1x month supported it would be much easier to justify and would enable people to basically go "ok I want to download this pack and I can just support these guys for a month which would mean that I'm technically paying for a one time download since I won't need this again for a while and when I do I can just support them for month again"...
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
Supporter
1 Post

Post 03 Jan 2024, 11:29

JohnCS wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 13:53
Not sure how this is going to come across since English isn't my first language so apologies in advanced if this sounds rude, it is not the intention...

Is there a possibility of doing a 1x month payment instead of 1x year when trying to become a supporter? I believe it was mentioned somewhere in this thread already but for some of us (with currency conversion rates) 12EUR is rather a lot of money.

I personally (and I suspect a fair amount of others as well) don't need access to a download button for a year at a time since generally it will be used once and then maybe whenever there's a new MC Java version out that adds items not covered by the previous version of texture pack.

If there's an option for a 1x month supported it would be much easier to justify and would enable people to basically go "ok I want to download this pack and I can just support these guys for a month which would mean that I'm technically paying for a one time download since I won't need this again for a while and when I do I can just support them for month again"...
No, the the price is just fine.
Considering that most minecraft players play this game a lot, the price is very small for a "DLC" like this.
If you don't want to honor the work of the content creators, don't use it and just pick an another resource pack that is free...
1 Post

Post 09 Jan 2024, 02:21

As a Java user, i have patience to wait
6 Posts

Post 14 Jan 2024, 12:21

HanFox wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 20:19
LiftVacuum wrote:
23 Dec 2023, 19:40
We're just as frustrated as you that the delay has been so long. The first post of this thread does state what the issue is and it's "technically" Microsoft's fault, otherwise we'd have released months ago to everyone.

We have no way of verifying Bedrock purchases, so we can't do any "linking". Not that a single lifetime purchase on the marketplace quite equates to a yearly Supporter on the website :sweat_smile: (but yes, we understand things are difficult for people, and in some countries €12 is basically a luxury purchase).

I'm not sure I said it in this thread, or on Discord, but the message on the Downloads page could be clearer, and should be. It's on me to update it... which I've done now.

To avoid me repeating what I've said previously you can read these other posts by me:
viewtopic.php?p=47255#p47255
viewtopic.php?p=47265#p47265

Gladly we have a little bit of good news, the PureBDcraft (and technically VanillaBDcraft) have been approved by Microsoft (albeit VanillaBDcraft needs a few easy fixes), we're just waiting to make sure they follow through on their promise of transferring the ratings to the new marketplace items, and that everyone who has already purchased them on the Marketplace gets the new items for free. Sadly though, like a lot of tech companies, Microsoft are basically entirely absent over this holiday period, so we're hoping in the new year it'll all get released; both Bedrock and Java.

I doubt this sates anyone's disappointment, but at least it's some sort of progress... :confused:
i really am astonished by your ability to stay nice to some people posting here :D
i have been making mods and textures and stuff for free for ages... and the audacity of people expecting something straight away for free is mindblowing.. i myself can't afford to support you guys at the moment.. just the way it is.

The fact is guys... the BDCraft team does all this in their spare time for free !! Yes its still free.. it will come out eventually FOR FREE... supporting them just helps them make this stuff available for free... and as a thank you those supporters get earlier access to the FREE product..

If you guys do not want this.. system maybe it should become paid only !!! Then you would be even more annoyed about this.

Okay just had to say this.. keep it going Han you guys are doing a great job !
1 Post

Post 15 Jan 2024, 00:07

Chop chop texture pack boy
1 Post

Post 15 Jan 2024, 15:16

when is the purebdcraft pack coming out for free?
3 Posts

Post 16 Jan 2024, 01:44

Okay well It's now Jan 24 and this post was Middle of last year? what's going on? surely it should be released to everyone by now?

If Microsoft still haven't sorted it out that's there problem.. why should java users suffer?
5 Posts

Post 17 Jan 2024, 23:28

XvisionedX wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 01:44
Okay well It's now Jan 24 and this post was Middle of last year? what's going on? surely it should be released to everyone by now?

If Microsoft still haven't sorted it out that's there problem.. why should java users suffer?
It was released to supporters 21st July, 2023, so that is soon a half year ago.
C4Charlie wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 15:16
When MS approves it first for bedrock.
Zem
5 Posts

Post 19 Jan 2024, 23:13

Nearly a year later and Java players are still waiting on the release? This is kind of ridiculous if you ask me.
2 Posts

Post 21 Jan 2024, 15:26

photosvein wrote:
17 Jan 2024, 23:28
XvisionedX wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 01:44

It was released to supporters 21st July, 2023, so that is soon a half year ago.
C4Charlie wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 15:16
When MS approves it first for bedrock.
If they ever approve