Does anyone do it

Want hints or tips about creating textures or other resources? This is the place for you.
Supporter
13 Posts

Post 24 Dec 2023, 18:04

I was wondering if anyone pays attention to requests? from reading the forum I can't see many (if fany) that have been done via requests. Just Wondering
If you like our work please consider becoming a Supporter and get an ad-free experience.
BDcraft Web Admin
6622 Posts

Post 26 Dec 2023, 19:28

As the note at the top of the Requests section says: All the mod textures are made by random people in the community. Chiefly that used to be Novamanga and I, but we've both stopped in recent years.

PlatinumPunch is the main guy now, but obviously he can't do everything by himself.

Short of me just releasing thousands of PSDs (or the entire source of BDcraft textures...) what would actually help to get people to make textures?

For the most part I'd have thought getting an old version of Photoshop such as CS2 (which is still available for free online) and looking at current PSDs would help people get a simple grasp of what to do... although I understand the idea of "using Photoshop" is daunting to most.

I could maybe look at a free/open source alternative software and see if I can write a guide for that... Really just depends if other software supports the same general concepts of adding shading that Photoshop does :man_shrugging:
Profile pic by TsaoShin: https://www.deviantart.com/tsaoshin
Supporter
13 Posts

Post 26 Dec 2023, 20:23

That sounds so cool, I am trying out a few ideas for helping with textures aswell